diy solar

diy solar

500+ watt solar panels

Archer66

hello first post ^_^ so i was wondering if anyone has tried any of the really big 500+ watt solar panels i found some on alibaba.com and i am just wondering if anyone has tried them how well they produce and if anyone knows any place to get smaller quantities? im not needing a stack of 10 lol only lookin for like 4 or so.

any help helps thanks ^_^

Don't even look for panels on Alibaba because of shipping.
Check these out

alibaba was just a place i saw them, and was wondering if anyone had tried that brand. i think it was called yangtze, and at 500+ watts i was questioning their abilities. ya i saw those and they only ship in packs of 10, i am only looking for like 5 at most, more thank likely i would only use 4 (all the space i have available) unless you know a place i can get ones and twos form :)

When you look at these pane;=lbs, recommend looking at the dimensions and comparing to other panels. Not uncommon for an ad to “mistakenly” label a 30 watt panel as a 300 watt panel. Couple ways to tell is by how many cells are in that photo and also the output is fairly consistent per square meter. I don’t have a good dimension, but a 100 watt panel is about 40” X 20”, so a 500 watt paenel would be 5 X as big. Surprising how many places advertise “mistakenly.”

Santan Solar had some JA Solar 530 watt panels, but they appear to be out of stock currently.

By end of 2022 we will see 1000W Panels BUT as Chrisski says these are not what people think, they are huge and intended for commercial solar farms. They will not be easy to get like the current Large Format High Wattage panels. Shipping such out of China unless in bulk volumes will cost an incredibly ludicrous amount... WITH A CATCH, if in Europe, rail shipment may be an option and that is far less than Boat but may take longer.

Bang per Buck spent, the 350W +/- panels right now have the best pricing in general. ALSO a detail many do not mention (lost in the wash of info) is that some solar works better in shade and others better in cold than heat and other way around as well.

As for the amount of Watts generated, the number ratings stated are in factory test cycles, in the Real World you'll likely see no more than 80%.

Sollar Arrays are sized typically to the SCC (Solar Charge Controller) which is sized to support whatever size of battery bank underneath it. Consider the Battery as the "Foundation", the SCC as the wall structures and Solar Panels as the roof. The batteries being the key as to how much energy you can store & the voltages / amperages you can deliver and of course how many days reserve power you want (when no generation is possible).

We suggest typically to NOT exceed 250A Draw from a battery bank. Stacked Inverters extend that.
12V@250A =3000W (25A@120V, 12.5A@240V),
24V@250A=6000W (50@120V, 25A@240V),
48V@250A=12,000W (100A@120V, 50A@240V).
(Uncorrected for innefficiencies)

Back