diy solar

diy solar

50A RV - Victron Multiplus II 2x120 vs ?

I’ve been doing a LOT more research into this including the video by Victron that makes the situation not look quite as bad as I feared. Also have a lot of pages open from their community and willpost ones I find relevant including any I ask to get additional clarification, especially given surge rates because they only address peak output and not intervals the way most inverter manufacturers do, like: x continuous, x1 for 30 seconds, x2 for 10 minutes, x3 for 15, etc.

Very easy to feed both hots with an external 50 amp transfer switch to utilize the 6500EX.
Hello! I am currently facing the very same issue as Tab783 in this original thread post.

Currently have a 50amp rv with a 30amp onan generator and a transfer switch.

I purchased a eg4 6000xp for a 48v system and I just figured out that the inverter will only ready 240 volt incoming so if I try to step down to 30am or 20amp shore power it won’t read it….nor will my 30amp generator get picked up on the incoming.

And suggestions on how I should redo this system?

I can still return the inverter and battery…I was considering the multiplus II 2x120 but I would lose 3000w of inverter power and it would be a lot more effort.

Hello! I am currently facing the very same issue as Tab783 in this original thread post.

Currently have a 50amp rv with a 30amp onan generator and a transfer switch.

I purchased a eg4 6000xp for a 48v system and I just figured out that the inverter will only ready 240 volt incoming so if I try to step down to 30am or 20amp shore power it won’t read it….nor will my 30amp generator get picked up on the incoming.

And suggestions on how I should redo this system?

I can still return the inverter and battery…I was considering the multiplus II 2x120 but I would lose 3000w of inverter power and it would be a lot more effort.

Get 2 MP 3000w inverters setup in split phase. You get 6000w and can run 120v or 240v in and out.

Could go with an autotransformers to convert 120v to 240v but why deal with all that.

Get 2 MP 3000w inverters setup in split phase. You get 6000w and can run 120v or 240v in and out.

Could go with an autotransformers to convert 120v to 240v but why deal with all that.
That’s the other option I have been looking at. Any brand recommendations? I could stick with the eg4 3000ehv?

Back