diy solar

diy solar

50AMP, 240v - 12,000 Watts

If this is a short term project why not just use a generator or rather a engine driven welder. Way cheaper in the short term for power generation. Otherwise batteries will need to be in the mix somewhere.
Thanks. This will be long term setup and even simpler I could just use the power grid, but the project is to use solar - hence solar forum. :)

Ok here is my latest config based on current industry info.

Current specs / core cost.

(36) Longi 435W Bifacial Mono Solar Panel, ($6500)
(3) LVX6548 6.5kw unit for 19.5kw ($4200), (119lbs!)
(1) Aeon LTO battery A48=40 1.93KWh (40Ah), 22k cycles, 20 year mfg warranty, 80lbs, ($2968)

Looking like around $14k + my labor and good to go with this setup.

I tried to get away form battery requirement but no easy out. Looked at super capacitor solutions but hard to compete with LTO solution for high cycle / low maint / cost comparison

Would be nice to have a single all-in-one inverter vs having to buy 3. I am sure there are new models around the corner. Anyone know of anything coming up?

If anyone wants to advise different products, specs, etc I welcome your comments. Thanks.

Teardown your welding machine, and mesure the voltage from electrolitic capacitor high voltage, then feed them with solar pannel array when your small inverter output AC current is near > 20% nominal!
Switch off solar array when inverter outpout is < 10%. You have to deal with IGBT for switching :devilish: make multiple string of solar array to increment the right power needed
Welcome in the hell

Back