diy solar

diy solar

5KWc installation with 23Kw battery storage

Danny538

Hi Guys,

I'd like to built a 5Kwc solar installation for my isolated house with a 23Kw storage battery capacity.

For the solar panel, I was expecting to have 3 strings of 5 panels of 330W driven by a MPPT 250/100A.

The AC/DC conversion will be done using a 5KVA converter.

For the batteries, I was expecting to use 12V 60Ah elementary cells in a 4S8P scheme that would lead to an overall capacity of roughly 23Kw (8 strings of 48V batteries). Charge controler will be installed on each string.

The preliminary schematic is given here below:

The MPPT will load the battery strings at a current of 12A per 48 V string. The overall curent (8 strings*12A=96A) will be closed to the maximum current of the MMPT of 100A, so I was thinking if the MPPT sizing is relevant or if i have to upgrade.

More over, if I'll moved to a more powerfull MPPT, I would have the opportunity to increase by battery storage capacity, to improve my autonomy.

Do you think, that I have to increase the MPPT capacity ? If yes any part recommandation will be welcome.

For the converter, I was also thinking to go to a 6KVA instead of 5 KVA, in order to be in line with the solar panel max capacity.

All feedback comments about that preliminary sizing will be very helpfull.

Thanks
Danny
Solaire-PV1E.jpg

Attachments

• Solaire-PV2E.jpg
    Solaire-PV2E.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Solaire-PV3E.jpg
    Solaire-PV3E.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
Oh Sorry.
I should say 5Kw Pic = 15 Panels of 330W .
By elementary Cells, I'm referring to 12V battery of 60Ah.

Best Regards

Back