diy solar

diy solar

6 SMX-260P panels to build 24v Skoolie system

RockyColeman

I'm building a solar system for my Skoolie. Bus will be used as a weekend warrior,and holiday travel bus. Not a full time home. I already have 6 SMX-260P SUNSPARK panels. Going to install 4 12v deep cycle lead acid batteries wired to 24 volt configuration. Loads will be typical for a camper/rv. Tv,satelite,small box fan, laptop charging,blender once in a while,and maybe a small 900 watt microwave. Planning for aprox a 24 volt 2500/3000 watt inverter. My question is,whats the best route to wire my 6 panels. All in series, 3 arrays of 2 panels in series/parallel, or 3 arrays of 2 panels in series/parallel. Panels are 39volt 260 watt and 8.5 amps. Im looking for the best configuration to wire these up. If you think i need 3 mppt controllers,2 or 1,please feel free to give any and all advice. Thanks to all and any who contribute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-172105_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-172105_Gallery.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
2s 3p config to a single 24v 3kw Growatt all in one. Includes the SCC and supports shore power chargeing and grid pass through when you pull up to grid power.

2s 3p config to a single 24v 3kw Growatt all in one. Includes the SCC and supports shore power chargeing and grid pass through when you pull up to grid power.
Thats was my thoughts originally,then I heard 3 controllers with 2s 3p would be more efficient. Soon as I get home,I'm going to check that unit out. Thanks for the reply

Just did the calculator, and im showing 17 volts and 91 amps. Does this figure sound bout right? 2 panels in series x 3,then the 3 arrays in parallel.

Back