diy solar

diy solar

($600) Tesla Model S 18650 Battery Module (UPDATE: WILL SHIP)

gmcconnell

I have a Tesla battery module for sale. Consists of 444 3.4mAh 18650 cells in a 6S configuration. Was from a 2015 Model S with 25,000 miles. I believe it was the 85kW model. Battery is ~251Ah at 22.2V for ~5,580 Wh. Asking $1,080.

I also have a Stealth EV tap board module and Battery Hookup 100A BMS to go with. The tap board is a plug & play replacement for the existing circuitry. And the BMS will plug directly into the tap board for a simple rig up.

tempImageMhZcD3.jpg
tempImageYCzHCn.jpg
tempImageqPUc2q.jpg
tempImage0Tb3qB.jpg
Local or nearby pickup only. I am regularly between Columbus & Cambridge Ohio. I will consider shipping but only if local options are exhausted and all my costs are covered. I’m not terribly excited to look into lithium shipping regulations! Would be a good battery for long term solar storage.

Last edited:
I have a Tesla battery module for sale. Consists of 444 3.4mAh 18650 cells in a 6S configuration. Was from a 2015 Model S with 25,000 miles. I believe it was the 85kW model. Battery is ~251Ah at 22.2V for ~5,580 Wh. Asking $1,080.

I also have a Stealth EV tap board module and Battery Hookup 100A BMS to go with. The tap board is a plug & play replacement for the existing circuitry. And the BMS will plug directly into the tap board for a simple rig up.

View attachment 84547
View attachment 84548
View attachment 84549
View attachment 84550
Local or nearby pickup only. I am regularly between Columbus & Cambridge Ohio. I will consider shipping but only if local options are exhausted and all my costs are covered. I’m not terribly excited to look into lithium shipping regulations! Would be a good battery for long term solar storage.
I dont understand what you mean by "it was the 85kW model". That's a far cry from the 5.5Kws you mentioned. watts are watts regardless of voltage. Can you clarify here? Are you saying it's degraded from 85kw hours to 5.5 kw hours capacity? If it's not apparent, I'm not too familiar with 18650 batteries.

Is this battery in the original configuration as when it was in the EV?

I dont understand what you mean by "it was the 85kW model". That's a far cry from the 5.5Kws you mentioned. watts are watts regardless of voltage. Can you clarify here? Are you saying it's degraded from 85kw hours to 5.5 kw hours capacity? If it's not apparent, I'm not too familiar with 18650 batteries.

Is this battery in the original configuration as when it was in the EV?

Sorry for the confusion, I could have worded it better. I believe Tesla has has several models of their 'S' car over the years. Something like an 85kWh model, 90kWh model, 110 kWh and so forth (don't quote me, I can't afford one and haven't looked at the exact specs).

The cars achieve this by running several battery modules like the one I have listed. I believe the 85kWh model had 15x of the 5.5kWh modules. I have just one of those modules for sale.

I have removed the Tesla tap board from the battery. I will include it with the battery if desired, it was just plugged in and held down with plastic plugs. I had planned on using the StealthEV tap board for balancing purposes to avoid Tesla software on their board. Other than that it is in the same condition as it was in the car. I haven't made any modifications to it.

Sorry for the confusion, I could have worded it better. I believe Tesla has has several models of their 'S' car over the years. Something like an 85kWh model, 90kWh model, 110 kWh and so forth (don't quote me, I can't afford one and haven't looked at the exact specs).

The cars achieve this by running several battery modules like the one I have listed. I believe the 85kWh model had 15x of the 5.5kWh modules. I have just one of those modules for sale.

I have removed the Tesla tap board from the battery. I will include it with the battery if desired, it was just plugged in and held down with plastic plugs. I had planned on using the StealthEV tap board for balancing purposes to avoid Tesla software on their board. Other than that it is in the same condition as it was in the car. I haven't made any modifications to it.
Thanks for clarifying!

Might be interested, where are you located? Edit: sorry, just noticed you were in Ohio. Probably not worth it to ship to Los Angeles.
I’ve never looked into shipping. I have no idea what it would cost. I have the packing materials I got it in. I suppose I can ask around if you are interested.

I have been unable to find a local buyer so far and am willing to look into shipping. I don't know how much it will cost, but am willing to cover at least half of the amount (if not the full amount should it be less than I am expecting).

This does include two nice additions of a new tap board to replace the stock Tesla board and a 100A 6S BMS.

I have been unable to find a local buyer so far and am willing to look into shipping. I don't know how much it will cost, but am willing to cover at least half of the amount (if not the full amount should it be less than I am expecting).

This does include two nice additions of a new tap board to replace the stock Tesla board and a 100A 6S BMS.
I was thinking shipping may be around $150 so I’m going to drop my price to $600 plus shipping.

Might be interested, where are you located? Edit: sorry, just noticed you were in Ohio. Probably not worth it to ship to Los Angeles.
I got a quote to ship to Kentucky for $90 recently. Would maybe be around $120 to get to CA if interested.

Hello, is this still available? I have a project where I could definitely use a pack of this size

Edit: want to make either a PowerWall or a homemade GoKart (quite big)

Back