diy solar

diy solar

60280 Batteries IR Measurements (Updated with Spreadsheet)

Shale MacGregor

Solar Enthusiast
Updated and will provide results.

Measuring 60280 right now, Capacity seems good but IR varies widely. Be careful and use a quality BMS that can handle a large differential or you can end up overcharging to failure.

Last edited:
I was looking at these cells as a safer alternative to aluminium cased cells (EVE, Lishen, CATL).

Thxs for the warning to the community.

Watching this space with interest.

MP

Here are first 35. I did IR matching, if they are .53-63 they are green, less yellow, more red
Capacity matching 58+ Green, 55-58 Yellow, <55 red

1633600738308.png

I guess my goal should be to group IR together as a priority, and then Capacity as a secondary consideration to help keep the 2P16s packs balanced. I will have 384 total and will be dropping all of the ones below 55k

I bought 40 and they all tested over 55ah. I tested 20 at a time in a pack and stopped the test once it hit 55 so I don't have individual cell values. I was happy so I ordered another 24 from battery hookup and am balancing them now.

I bought 40 and they all tested over 55ah. I tested 20 at a time in a pack and stopped the test once it hit 55 so I don't have individual cell values. I was happy so I ordered another 24 from battery hookup and am balancing them now.
How do you plan on utilizing them? My issue was hoping for close enough for series and finding out the wide range of IR and Capacities, there is no complaint that so far 90%+ hit 55+ but without careful matching I am going to have a hell of a time keeping them balanced in series

I am planning on a set of 20 to start and run a racecar without an alternator (~3kwh of batteries) 3s4p. The rest will charge off a MidNite solar charge controller and discharge off 2 Enphase inverters with a Victron battery disconnect to stop the discharge if it gets to low...

If you are using full range of charge/discharge you might have some cell voltage issues, but pushing them like that is hard on them....just don't let the voltage drop to much or charge above 3.50 volts or something similar. My draw will be constant once setup so hoping for success, the solar charge controller will be the hard part.

I have a 20kwh EVE bank that I use for backup and this bank is to take off my baseload in my house.

Back