diy solar

diy solar

60v between solar sub panel and house panel cases

Dieharddan

Hello, my solar system is completely segregated, no grid tie or input, no ground or earth rods. I happend to touch both solar sub panel and house main panel and received a tingle, i checked the voltage between the two and it was 55-65v. Im not sure why this would be but narrowed it down to the pv panels; If I turn the pv panels off via isolator switch the voltage goes down to 2v, Any ideas?

Is this an AIO (All-In-One) Solar charge controller/inverter?
If it is, can you turn off the inverter function and see what you get?

Is this an AIO (All-In-One) Solar charge controller/inverter?
If it is, can you turn off the inverter function and see what you get?
Yes it is. I will try during the day when the panels are generating power, as thats when it only occures

How should this be grounded?
All metal enclosues, raceways, solar panel frames, and solar support racking should be connected to the existing grounding system. Usually at the main service panel. But can be connected to any part of the grounding system. As long as it's sized correctly.

All metal enclosues, raceways, solar panel frames, and solar support racking should be connected to the existing grounding system. Usually at the main service panel. But can be connected to any part of the grounding system. As long as it's sized correctly.
So i need to ground the pv panels together, run ground from pv panels to metal combiner box, and then run a ground cable from combiner box to inverter and tie it all to main house ground. No lightning rods?

So i need to ground the pv panels together, run ground from pv panels to metal combiner box, and then run a ground cable from combiner box to inverter and tie it all to main house ground. No lightning rods?
Correct and add a N/G bond. (At the correct location)

Lightning protection is a whole separate system.
That has nothing to do with electrical grounding.

Back