diy solar

diy solar

$6256 for (64) (280Ah)(New) LiFePO4

coolwaterxii

• Is this a good deal shipped to Dallas, TX for $6256?
  • Attached is the PDF file with Chinese and translated PDF. I don't see the C rating, can someone help?
  • I'm still waiting if it comes with bus bars and if it's 6mm or 8mm welded studs.

INFORMATION:
  • REPT 280Ah (Real test 290Ah)
  • Company: Exliporc New Energy (Shenzhen) CO., LTD
  • Are the batteries GRADE-A?
    Gina: It is grade A brand new with QR code intact.
  • How long will it take to arrive once I pay?
    Gina: Ship by sea is the cheapest way, it will take 25-30working days.
  • Can you test each battery PRIOR to shipping please.
    Gina: We will matched all battery voltage and internal resistance for your before shipping.
  • HOW do I pay. I prefer PAYPAL or CC
    Gina: We prefer from pay through Alibaba, you can pay by bank transfer.

a00ab4893da2c9a65fad62f662d5aa60.jpeg
redirectFileUrl.htm

Thanks!
Mark

Attachments

• Rept_English_Translated.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • Rept_Chinese.pdf
    529 KB · Views: 7
Attached is the PDF file with Chinese and translated PDF. I don't see the C rating, can someone help?
The C ratings are listed in the spec sheet. Max charge and discharge are 1C and standard is .5C. They also list peak charge and discharge rates and the conditions under which those ratings can be used.

Thank you! Should this be at the same league as the EVE's, CATL's and Lishen's?
Yes. You could contact @Michael B Caro in the group buy thread to see if he can get these. He might be interested in having a look see. I live in the Dallas area too and last October I ordered 8 EVE cells from him. I got a good price and my pack capacity is 272ah's. So I am happy.

I do like the laser welded studs on the cells you are looking at. If you decide to order from Exliporc use your CC so you have protection just in case. Do not rely on Alibaba trade assurance.

Gina: Ship by sea is the cheapest way, it will take 25-30working days.
30 Working days is 42 calendar days but that most likely is transit time from Hong Kong or the nearest port to port of Los Angeles. Ships sail from there a couple times a week but there is usually a few days from the time you place your order until it gets to the forwarder. Then the forwarder has to put it in a container and the container has to go to the port and get loaded on the ship. After it arrives at the US port there is the usual delay in customs and finally FedEx or UPS will get them and truck them to Dallas. A reasonable expectation from the time you order to the time they are on your doorstep is 60 days. At least that has been my experience and I am 400 miles north of the port of LA. One shipment only took 47 days.

Yes. You could contact @Michael B Caro in the group buy thread to see if he can get these. He might be interested in having a look see. I live in the Dallas area too and last October I ordered 8 EVE cells from him. I got a good price and my pack capacity is 272ah's. So I am happy.

I do like the laser welded studs on the cells you are looking at. If you decide to order from Exliporc use your CC so you have protection just in case. Do not rely on Alibaba trade assurance.
I already asked @Michael B Caro privately if has somewhere close to this deal; waiting for his reply. If it's close to this, I may just go with him as I've read so many good reviews from him.

I'll make sure I'll be paying with CC, just in case.

30 Working days is 42 calendar days but that most likely is transit time from Hong Kong or the nearest port to port of Los Angeles. Ships sail from there a couple times a week but there is usually a few days from the time you place your order until it gets to the forwarder. Then the forwarder has to put it in a container and the container has to go to the port and get loaded on the ship. After it arrives at the US port there is the usual delay in customs and finally FedEx or UPS will get them and truck them to Dallas. A reasonable expectation from the time you order to the time they are on your doorstep is 60 days. At least that has been my experience and I am 400 miles north of the port of LA. One shipment only took 47 days.
Thank you! Although I'm anxious to start playing with these batteries, there's no urgency... I can wait for around 60 days. Prolly just in time for the weather to get really hot for outdoor activities.

I already asked @Michael B Caro privately if has somewhere close to this deal; waiting for his reply. If it's close to this, I may just go with him as I've read so many good reviews from him.

I'll make sure I'll be paying with CC, just in case.
Had other concerns I had to deal with for a couple of days and when that happens it takes a while to catch up on messages. Will send a quote fairly soon now though

How long will it take to arrive once I pay?
Gina: Ship by sea is the cheapest way, it will take 25-30working days
Sometimes you have to understand that they run their answer through Google Translate to get the answer

Here-- let me show you what i mean ...

YOU: How long will it take to arrive once I pay?

The answer they actually typed to you (in Chinese). "Good God how do i know? The ports are all clogged up and if i told you the truth of 45-60 days then you would go with someone else who lies to you and says 25 days .... After it leaves the warehouse we honestly don't have a clue until it hits the LAX ports and we are told that our DPP paperwork is approved and that FEDEX now has the package. We will do our best but we are not going to ship a half empty sea-land container just so you can get your batteries in 25 days -- we are going to wait to the container is stuffed and then it (and your batteries) will little take a slow boat from China (see what i did there).

What Google Translated: "Ship by sea is the cheapest way, it will take 25-30working days"

I ordered 32 280aH 3.2V REPTs with those new Studs for $2950(ish) ... suppose to be here in 45-60 days ... we spend quite of bit of money on batteries so NOT lying to us about 25 working days and Unicorns shitting skittles works out better for them ...

DO let me know how the vendor is ... I am always looking for the latest and greatest ... and it never hurts to find a good stud ... LOL

The C ratings are listed in the spec sheet. Max charge and discharge are 1C and standard is .5C. They also list peak charge and discharge rates and the conditions under which those ratings can be used.
So if you have a 280 ah LiFePo4 w/ a discharge rate of 1C, build a 4p16s pack, 1C rating should get multiplied X 4, correct?
280 ah X 4p = 1120 ah, would the peak amp draw be 1120 amps for one hour?

So if you have a 280 ah LiFePo4 w/ a discharge rate of 1C, build a 4p16s pack, 1C rating should get multiplied X 4, correct?
280 ah X 4p = 1120 ah, would the peak amp draw be 1120 amps for one hour?
Apx....yes. There are other factors that could influence this like heat, how well the cells are matched and if all the cells test at least their rated capacity. But in a perfect world your math is correct.

Thanks for the confrontation! Finding a BMS that can handle even 500 amps or more seems to be a challenge. Looking at Batrium or Orion. I don’t think I’ll draw more than 500 amps unless it’s only for a few seconds when certain items kick on at the same time.

Thanks for the confrontation! Finding a BMS that can handle even 500 amps or more seems to be a challenge. Looking at Batrium or Orion. I don’t think I’ll draw more than 500 amps unless it’s only for a few seconds when certain items kick on at the same time.
Just wondering out loud as I'm looking at building a 2p16s pack soon.
Wouldn't you have separate BMS for each 16s group, meaning each BMS would 'only' need to cope with 280 amps at 1C ?

No. It’s my understanding that if you get the correct BMS for your application, one BMS can control a 1, 2p, 3p or 4p16s battery bank.
That’s why I’m looking at Batrium or Orion.
However, also keep in mind depending on the inverter you have, a BMS is not required, but is highly recommended.
Can it be done the way you described above? Yes it could, but that’s added expense, and the more items you have that are electronic, the more opportunity for you to have issues. Over complication.

Back