diy solar

diy solar

6500EX-48 Fault F08

RoySalisbury

Is anyone else getting fault F08 on the 6500EX inverter? It usually happens (it seems) when the batteries are nearly fully charged. I am NOT using EG4's and these are DIY LP280's (4 banks of 16). The inverter is set to battery type 'USE'.

I had this issue in both single phase (1 inverter for 120v) and split phase (2 inverters for 240v). Right now I am trubleshooting in single phase mode to rule out any communication or setup issues with 2 inverters.

The only way I can clear it it to shut off the PV input, turn off the inverter, wait 15 seconds, then turn it back on. Is there no other way to clear the fault?

Anyway.. what is the fault? And why am I getting it? Its a pretty bad thing when the entire system shuts down when your remote and have no way to reset the damn thing.

Roy

Also.. using the iOS app I was able to look at the fault log. The only issues around the time were:

Alarm Description: Inverter Fault
and
Alarm Description: Bus Over

I'm assuming that means "bus over voltage" .. but what bus ... and what caused it?

Try looking here :

Also.. using the iOS app I was able to look at the fault log. The only issues around the time were:

Alarm Description: Inverter Fault
and
Alarm Description: Bus Over

I'm assuming that means "bus over voltage" .. but what bus ... and what caused
Try looking here :

If your inverter is outputting more than 120v you will get f08 code. Need to calibrate the inverters to 120v output

Back