diy solar

diy solar

8kW inverter and battery circuit breaker

SenileOldGit

Solar Enthusiast
I am hoping to have a Deye 8kW inverter installed soon, to replace my two MPP Solar PIP5048MKX. I have three Pylontech US5000 batteries, which are connected to the two MPP Solar inverters by the standard Pylontech 100A cables (I believe they are 25mm). Two cables come one inverter to the first battery, and two cables come from the second inverter to the third battery. When I get the Deye inverter, I will only have one pair of cables coming from the inverter, which will be 35mm cables, as stated in the manual. I will be buying two 9 way bus bars, and will use four Pylontech cables from each battery, two positive and two negative, thus six cables from the batteries' positive terminals going to one bus bar, six from the batteries' negative terminals to the other bus bar.
My question is, I can't find a 200A DC circuit breaker (I realise I only need 160A, 8kW divided by 48V, but I can't find one of those either).
What do owners of single 8kW inverters here use for their battery cable circuit breakers?

I use a KETO 1 switch/fuse with my 5kW Solis inverter. The switch has two 160A fuses. I bought it from ITS Technologies in the UK. It's very, very substantial.

I use a KETO 1 switch/fuse with my 5kW Solis inverter. The switch has two 160A fuses. I bought it from ITS Technologies in the UK. It's very, very substantial.
I have been searching for a good concept like that switch. Doesnt seem to be in the States though?
Does that mean it cannot be used in the good ole USA? Seems like a good switch/fuse

Back