diy solar

diy solar

8s EVE 304AH setup

meeeul

hi all,

I am in the process of completing my setup with 8s EVE 304Ah cells, Victron shunt, Overkill solar BMS, Growatt 3KW inverter/charger for my camper / cargo trailer. I don't have solar yet. Looking for recommendation for solar panels. Data is collected on raspberry pi and displayed with Grafana. I found some useful posts here with scripts/utilities and modified to fit my setup. one question, one of the cell is always low after using about 50AH. I top balanced all cells to 3.5v connecting them in parallel and left at 3.5V for several days, the amp draw was 10mA before I unplugged it. Do I need to worry about cell7 or it will be ok in the long run ? Also BMS reporting of remaining Ah is way off so I have Victron smart shunt but it only reports SOC not remaining amps.

1650830911872.png

How are you triggering the active balancer to turn on? I thought it only should be active at cell voltage above 3.4ish.

How are you triggering the active balancer to turn on? I thought it only should be active at cell voltage above 3.4ish.
Reading the description of the product, it looks like its always balancing above 3V. Moving charge from the highest cell to the lowest.

Back