diy solar

diy solar

8s2p connections question

Revisiting this thread as I completed my build, top balanced and now testing capacity. This is a 8s2p build with dual BMSs.
During testing, I realized I must have had a bad bms connection on one of the batteries (low voltage indicated on the bms application). I had issues initially with bad connections, but thought I had fixed everything. Apparently not.

Anyway, the BMS did its job and shut down the bank with the low voltage cell. Testing continued so the remaining bank in parallel took the load.

I just was working on the drawing today, so I'm open to comments. The fusing is kind of confusing, so I think the green arrows clears this up:

View attachment 65910
What Shunt are you using in this setup? If it is a Victron Smartshunt 500A,did you use "mid-point Wiering" (Vbat+ Aux) ? Oronly one the Vbat tomain possitive?

“What Shunt are you using in this setup? If it is a Victron Smartshunt 500A,did you use "mid-point Wiering" (Vbat+ Aux)? Or only one the Vbat tomain possitive?”

I have the Victron 500 amp Shunt that is included in the BMV-712 Battery Monitor, which I think is the same as the Smart Shunt.

I do not remember how I wired it and the RV is in the shop for a couple more weeks getting repaired from a tire blow out. There was a temperature sensor that was included with that. I’ll look in a couple weeks when its back.

@MnM I received a temp sensor with my monitor that I don't think the instruction sheet said how to install. This is what the temp sensor looked like:

1638474444459.png
The manual says: "The temperature sensor (when used) must be connected to the positive pole of the battery bank (one of the two wires of the sensor doubles as the power supply wire)." I remember looking everywhere to find an answer, but I found this picture of how I wired it:

1638474746242.png
If I remember correctly, I lose the option to "Mid-Point Monitor" a multi-battery bank with this sensor plugged in.

Back