diy solar

diy solar

90 degree buss bar on main battery positive and negative

imbuere

While building my 4s battery, I’m thinking of taking a spare buss bar and putting a 90 degree bend in it so my main positive/negative an be accessed from the long face of the battery side where my bms will be located. I’d place some rubber reinforcing so that this buss bar doesn’t add any strain to the stud. The goal of this is to eliminate the need for a heavy wire to make this same turn around the battery edge.

Any reason while this wouldn’t be a good idea?

I have some 1/8" copper flat bar that I bent to work with two devices that had terminals at different heights. Yeah, I know, shimming one of the devices so it was the same height would have been better, but it was something I wanted to try.

Anyhow, 1/8" bent OK, but it wasn't a 90° bend. More like 20°. I have thicker copper and there's no way I could bend it the same way by hand. A metal bender would do it.

I tried to bend 1/8" aluminum a couple weeks ago. Good results on the right. Not so good on the left when I tried for a 90°.

1651678769437.png

I have some 1/8" copper flat bar that I bent to work with two devices that had terminals at different heights. Yeah, I know, shimming one of the devices so it was the same height would have been better, but it was something I wanted to try.

Anyhow, 1/8" bent OK, but it wasn't a 90° bend. More like 20°. I have thicker copper and there's no way I could bend it the same way by hand. A metal bender would do it.

I tried to bend 1/8" aluminum a couple weeks ago. Good results on the right. Not so good on the left when I tried for a 90°.

View attachment 93500
I’ve got a tiny vise. I just threw the buss bar I. It and bent it by hand, no problem.

Back