diy solar

diy solar

A question about a JBD BMS 16s 150a

Skid

Solar Enthusiast
I ordered a 48v 10kwh battery, 16 CATL 202ah from Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan in January which shipped in a timely manner but took another 6 months to arrive in Nicaragua. I am pretty excited at my first excursion into solar.

It’s split into two parts so this old man can move 160lb of battery so I connected the BMS wires from the two parts and the voltage indicator reads 97% after 8 months. So far so good. I downloaded the Xiaoxiang app and it couldn’t find a Bluetooth connection. I then downloaded the Polinovel app, again no Bluetooth.
I opened the main case and see the BMS mounted to an interior wall and took a photo of the tag. It is a JBD-HP32S001

I then wrote Amy and explained the issue. When it shipped she assured me it had Bluetooth so I asked if it had a separate module I couldn’t see and if not I could easily buy one from the US, or simply connect a RS485 cable to an aftermarket reader. She wrote back that she would ask an engineer and reply soon.

That was four days ago. Yesterday I replied OK, Thank you. It’s still unread. This is unusual for her and I hope she is OK.

I searched online for my BMS and finally found a diagram, though not mentioning either Bluetooth or RS485. What I am concerned about is LIFEPO4 is not mentioned in the compatibility specification. I hope someone can ease my concern.
This is what I found. Battery type Lithium manganese, lithium ternary, lithium cobalt, lithium iron. Is this unsafe for my use?

http://en.jiabaida.com/home-pp1-info-id-32-catId-25.html

The BMS does support LiFePO4 cells. It should have a Bluetooth module.

I have attached a copy of the manual provided by OverKill solar for the JBD BMS.

Also, if you have an Android phone, the location services must be turned on in the phone for the Bluetooth to work .... Not necessary for Iphone.

I think there is a holiday in China.

Attachments

• Overkill_Solar_BMS_Instruction_Manual.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 58
Well, this is sorely disappointing. I received a response from Amy today:

————————

Thanks so much for your patience!

1. The colleague purchased the BMS had resigned, and after a long time, it seems be difficult to confirm the details of purchasing .

-
2. I confirmed that to JBD today, and their reply:

This BMS has no Bluetooth and no RS485 interface. You could view the voltage and other contents via a display screen.

————————

That being said is there any way to monitor the individual cells aside from swapping out the BMS? There is only a two inch gap between the cells and the BMS making the removal very difficult at best. As I hope to keep the charge between 40 and 85% maybe it will be fine?

Remember, she has to have some down time, vacation, like all of us...it’s fall festival in China. She’ll always get back to you. She one of the few who you can trust to get you Grade A cells.

Lithium Iron - (Lithium Iron Phosphate) - LFP.
The BMS's have to come with the port to attach the BT module or RS485 Module and unfortunately, they are not installed by default on the BMS'.
FYI: 1st Week of October in China = National Holiday, Amy says she will still be responding & working.
Also realize that Shipping is more backlogged today than it has been in the past 2 years, every port is reporting major issues, I just saw one report with 97 ships waiting in queue for one port alone.

Air Freight is working reasonably well but the cost has increased of course. NOTE ! Airfreight express for something small like a BMS is not that much extra and it get's to you fast. This is quite good IF you have one vendor that can supply all the little "bits" and stuff it into one box for Fast Shipping by Air Express... ALSO... unless you want a Heart Attack, do NOT Ask what it costs to ship LFP Cells by Air ! well, unless your rich and have money to toss.

Here is the actual JBD List from their Homesite on AliBaba

Back