diy solar

diy solar

A question about the "missing low temp sensor" problem...

It's two degrees. people sleep under and stay warm with heated blankets all the time, and they're not sleeping on top of them.

It's two degrees. people sleep under and stay warm with heated blankets all the time, and they're not sleeping on top of them.

Where I'm from you have heated mattress pads. A heated blanked seems wasteful inefficient.
Sure when you got free or very cheap power - go ahead - you can put fan based spaced heater next to the batteries and they will warm up.

The difference is if you need 5w with a stick on heater or 800w with a space heater.

Can we simply put a battery in a freezer that advertises Low Temp Sense, but we can't find it hanging on a piece or wire? How hard would it be to have it as part of the circuit board? It only need to read absolute temperature of it environment, all heat sources considered.......No?
No.
In use, the circuit board heats up and would pervert the temp readings.
Low temp sense must be on the cells!

Where I'm from you have heated mattress pads. A heated blanked seems wasteful inefficient.
Sure when you got free or very cheap power - go ahead - you can put fan based spaced heater next to the batteries and they will warm up.

The difference is if you need 5w with a stick on heater or 800w with a space heater.

I'm not saying your method wouldn't work. But for someone who's only going to be at 30 degrees, it wont take much to warm up the batteries. If I were building a bank that's below freezing for long periods of time, heck yeah, I'd build a proper box and use those stick on pads.

Back