diy solar

diy solar

A review of my 2 years old 4.5kw panel / 10kwh batt off grid system

new off grid

Hi every one ,
my system finished on 11/2019 , with the following :

375w x 9 solar panel ( 3 more panel added last year , now 375 x 12 = 4500w )
10khw/48v Meritsun Lifepo4 battery pack ( bought from China )
Midnite classic 150 charge controller
7000w/48v/120v Reliable Inverter ( bought China )
5.5k MOES ATS ( a switcher between grid and off grid - since my dryer still running on pg&e 230v )

I was a bit struggle in the first few month due to too new to the whole thing , mostly the ATS setting #
after everything figured out , the system was running by itself , 100% automatic
it keep my Batt min 20-25% SOC per my liking all the time
transferring from grid to off grid ,back and forth flawlessly , without any notice , nothing is turning off and back on
almost forgot that I am having 2 system working together in the last year , sometime just open it to take a look around
because missing it....,
I was little scary to pull the trigger on this $10k system , because many high price, high risk parts bought from China
but after 2 years , running with no issues , harvesting more than 8000 kwh of free energy ( worth $3k ) , I am happy
hopefully will break even after 4 more years , and all free after that.....,
This's small review intended to shred some lights/ideas/insight/infos/ ... for anyone who want or thinking about wanting it ,
not for any other reasons.
Hope this will help .....,
Thanks for reading,

Attachments

• 8K+KWH.PNG
    8K+KWH.PNG
    229.9 KB · Views: 61
  • BMS.PNG
    BMS.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 48v-200Ah Lifepio4 battery pack.jpg
    48v-200Ah Lifepio4 battery pack.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 62
  • Midnite 150 CC.jpg
    Midnite 150 CC.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 62
Yes sir, thanks for sharing details on your system/experience - nice looking!.

I also have an off-grid system as well using Midnight Classic 150s and ATS(s) and 3 years of operation. I use the Midnite AUX1 to turn my AIMS inverters on/off at specific voltage ranges and the ATSs take care of feeding power to the house circuits. One difference is I have 18650 instead of LifePo4 but at 40% average (yearly) DOD I've reached 1,143 cycles on my oldest 14s100p battery and no apparent loss of capacity. Solar is quiet and works and there's no reason to think it won't keep working for many years. :)

Back