diy solar

diy solar

A story about importing LiFePO4 cells

WKP

I will let the administrators know, I have an investor business relationship to a large LiFePO4 importer/vendor. I will not mention any name of the company to keep in line with the strict vendor rules. I don't want to be sent to detention. This is what I just found out and it's interesting, at least to me.

Recently, this company placed a large order for high capacity (over 300AH) prismatic cells. They arrived in the USA after 21 days at sea and then nothing! Stalled with no information. Now it's been 90 days since the original payment of the order to China. After many questions, run around and lies from the Chinese vendor, who blamed the Logistics/shipping Company, the USA purchaser finally got to the bottom of it. The entire shipment got seized by US Customs in Long Beach. The reason? China vendors are very sneaky when you order hazardous goods. So, they charge you the hazardous shipping rate up front, then they fill the paperwork that shows them as "Dried Flowers" or something safe, and keep the money difference. This is common with all vendors from China. All they want is USA dollars. Most of the time, US Customs just looks at the paperwork and never the actual shipment. This time they did and it was noticed that LiFePO4 cells do not look anything like dried flowers.

The purchasing company is now in process of a Trade Dispute on Alibaba. I will let you know how that progresses when I have information so you can see the process.

Moral of the story, is to buy direct from a trusted USA vendor and skip the importing from China yourself. A USA vendor will cost you more, but that is the price of letting them absorb the risk. I'm sure, many on this site have good experiences. You do not need to post them on this thread.

Same business culture that claims they're grade double AA++, right? ?

I got lucky with my shipment from Amy w/Luyuan Tech, but I don't know that I'd go that route again.
"Grade A" is a USA invented term. It means nothing to the Chinese Vendors. I have ordered from Amy in the past. As a large importer, her service was very good but prices got too high for us to sell to USA consumers at a fair market value.

cant help but wonder which usa vendor you're investing in..
i'm sure the admins wont mind as this treat isnt a commercial

cant help but wonder which usa vendor you're investing in..
i'm sure the admins wont mind as this treat isnt a commercial
They are doing quite well. I will not mention any names to avoid being banned. Ask a moderator or Mr Prowse.

Last edited:
I will let the administrators know, I have an investor business relationship to a large LiFePO4 importer/vendor. I will not mention any name of the company to keep in line with the strict vendor rules. I don't want to be sent to detention. This is what I just found out and it's interesting, at least to me.

Recently, this company placed a large order for high capacity (over 300AH) prismatic cells. They arrived in the USA after 21 days at sea and then nothing! Stalled with no information. Now it's been 90 days since the original payment of the order to China. After many questions, run around and lies from the Chinese vendor, who blamed the Logistics/shipping Company, the USA purchaser finally got to the bottom of it. The entire shipment got seized by US Customs in Long Beach. The reason? China vendors are very sneaky when you order hazardous goods. So, they charge you the hazardous shipping rate up front, then they fill the paperwork that shows them as "Dried Flowers" or something safe, and keep the money difference. This is common with all vendors from China. All they want is USA dollars. Most of the time, US Customs just looks at the paperwork and never the actual shipment. This time they did and it was noticed that LiFePO4 cells do not look anything like dried flowers.

The purchasing company is now in process of a Trade Dispute on Alibaba. I will let you know how that progresses when I have information so you can see the process.

Moral of the story, is to buy direct from a trusted USA vendor and skip the importing from China yourself. A USA vendor will cost you more, but that is the price of letting them absorb the risk. I'm sure, many on this site have good experiences. You do not need to post them on this thread.

Yeah I can imagine them doing this... although Alibaba will tell you the famous line "Work it out with your seller" spiel...

I got a form email today from a US reseller that parallels your story. If I say the name of the vendor is that bad? The thing is they knew about the dry flowers crap....you think that would have given them pause and not do business or ask the seller to clean up their act?

Regardless, dried flowers? Dried flowers dipped in lead? If you're going to lie at least make it believable ? The weight discrepancy alone is a red flag.

Setting a business for audit in China is the only opportunity I am seeing it here

An interesting story would be a manufacturer configuring cells into packs and using them to power an autonomous vessel that would travel across the ocean to there destination where the packs are broken down and sold as grade u cells, the vessel then travels back under the power supplied by its bifacial panel wind sail.

How is mentioning a name breaking the rules?
@WKP who is the vendor?

An interesting story would be a manufacturer configuring cells into packs and using them to power an autonomous vessel that would travel across the ocean to there destination where the packs are broken down and sold as grade u cells, the vessel then travels back under the power supplied by its bifacial panel wind sail.

How is mentioning a name breaking the rules?
@WKP who is the vendor?
Shenzhen Qishou Technology Limited

I got a form email today from a US reseller that parallels your story. If I say the name of the vendor is that bad? The thing is they knew about the dry flowers crap....you think that would have given them pause and not do business or ask the seller to clean up their act?

Regardless, dried flowers? Dried flowers dipped in lead? If you're going to lie at least make it believable ? The weight discrepancy alone is a red flag.
Yes, same place. True story, too. If they can find the BOL with the "Flowers" on it, I will post it here. Glad to know someone opens their mail.

Last edited:
Yes, same place. True story, too. If they can find the BOL with the "Flowers" on it, I will post it here. Glad to know someone opens their mail.
Some of the issue is also US customs that normally just waves most containers through the turnstile without inspection. There is so much sea freight coming in hourly, it's impossible to inspect.

Setting a business for audit in China is the only opportunity I am seeing it here
Can’t do it. Every time a court case or audit or anything has been tried suddenly it’s a Chinese Government run facility and can’t sue Governments.

Shenzhen Qishou Technology Limited
That’s funny.

First order I ever did was with them for 64 cells.

No problems with them though.

QSO

Attachments

• 2915EF10-E1B9-4821-95E7-0A8C8DCE2519.jpeg
    2915EF10-E1B9-4821-95E7-0A8C8DCE2519.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 69
the reason i was asking is actually really simple .

this once again sounds like an "buy anerican or else" message.

i have news for you, this practise isnt just the chinese.
had a us whiskey producer declare his product send here as "cleaning alcohol".
no import fees for cleaning alcohol, 21% on drinkable alcohol.

the way i see it, and given my optimistic nature, i would hope the chinese as well, they were probably trying to save you on tarrifs, which works almost always, and once or twice it didnt..

no matter who is the us supplier; all lifepo4 cells used in diy solar and car revamp applications come out of china, no matter who is the reseller.
since the reseller needs to make a living too, there will be an upmark.

also qishou sells only non automotive cells, wonder if that us reseller is making that clear to it's customers, or are they passing them off as "grade a"..

just my 2 cents

Back