diy solar

diy solar

A story about importing LiFePO4 cells

the reason i was asking is actually really simple .

this once again sounds like an "buy anerican or else" message.

i have news for you, this practise isnt just the chinese.
had a us whiskey producer declare his product send here as "cleaning alcohol".
no import fees for cleaning alcohol, 21% on drinkable alcohol.

the way i see it, and given my optimistic nature, i would hope the chinese as well, they were probably trying to save you on tarrifs, which works almost always, and once or twice it didnt..

no matter who is the us supplier; all lifepo4 cells used in diy solar and car revamp applications come out of china, no matter who is the reseller.
since the reseller needs to make a living too, there will be an upmark.

also qishou sells only non automotive cells, wonder if that us reseller is making that clear to it's customers, or are they passing them off as "grade a"..

just my 2 cents
Wow, that was not our message by any means. Sorry you took it off kilter.

the reason i was asking is actually really simple .

this once again sounds like an "buy anerican or else" message.

i have news for you, this practise isnt just the chinese.
had a us whiskey producer declare his product send here as "cleaning alcohol".
no import fees for cleaning alcohol, 21% on drinkable alcohol.

the way i see it, and given my optimistic nature, i would hope the chinese as well, they were probably trying to save you on tarrifs, which works almost always, and once or twice it didnt..

no matter who is the us supplier; all lifepo4 cells used in diy solar and car revamp applications come out of china, no matter who is the reseller.
since the reseller needs to make a living too, there will be an upmark.

also qishou sells only non automotive cells, wonder if that us reseller is making that clear to it's customers, or are they passing them off as "grade a"..

just my 2 cents

he is right, your post does smell like, you better buy from me or you're gonna regret it type of vibe.

I was always curious if these large heavy boxes containing cells that come via container also carried more elicit type items as a free pass. 4 tons of cells plus a sprinkling of fentanyl would hardly be noticeable.

I was always curious if these large heavy boxes containing cells that come via container also carried more elicit type items as a free pass. 4 tons of cells plus a sprinkling of fentanyl would hardly be noticeable.
oh sjeez, please dont give anyone any ideas..

lol , would sure make for some very unhappy new cell owners if caught

oh sjeez, please dont give anyone any ideas..

lol , would sure make for some very unhappy new cell owners if caught
I’m sure anything would be pulled off by “forwarders” before sending cells off to the buyer.

Nice memo on the top of the page.

"These got delayed. Actually, we expected them on September 30. From last notice on November 2, Customs seized the shipment because the Chinese Vendor lied on the entry forms to save and pocket money for themselves. We have a replacement shipment on the way. We are so sorry and will make it up to our loyal customers. Sign up here for higher priority, even if you have already signed up. You will get a big discount coupon when they arrive"

There is no such thing as grade A / EV grade CATL cells, all the CATL are grade B guys, please stop falling for this. CATL does not sell to small operations.

EVE does, REPT does, Hiseng does, and Ganfeng (only in there server rack not individual packs)

There is no such thing as grade A / EV grade CATL cells, all the CATL are grade B guys, please stop falling for this. CATL does not sell to small operations.

EVE does, REPT does, Hiseng does, and Ganfeng (only in there server rack not individual packs)
there certainly are ev grade catl cells, but they go exclusively to car makers by contract

Update on this story:

The entire order of all 200, CATL 302 AH LiFePO4 Cells were finally delivered. Customs held the entire container due to some other reasons, probably someone trying to import a crate of COVID infected Bats. Anyway, although the delay was extremely unreasonable (over 100 days), the USA Vendor received the cells,unboxed a batch and tested them. All are over capacity, perfectly matched voltages to 0.001V or less, and definitely "Grade A", Brand New. So, besides the delay, a happy ending to the longest order, ship delays and logistics failures they had ever seen.

Sounds like some good things from these recent CALB and CATL cells for ESS quality.

Time will tell how the cycles hold up.

Back