diy solar

diy solar

A tale of Aims 75A charger woe. NEVER deal with ARYACO on Amazon !

Terrapin

This is a warning and a vent combined.

I ordered one of the Aims 75A chargers from this Amazon seller. On trying to use it after the very first test of my LFP 280ah build it would not turn on. All directions were followed to the letter as far as the order of connections and supplying power and switching on but It simply did not power up. So I requested a refund on 3-34-21.

They reply to me on 3-25-21 that they are "applying for a RMA" from the manufacturer for return to inspect the unit by Aims and their technicians will inspect the unit for further action. No mention of my refund request at all. This was pretty off putting as it was well within Amazon's 30 day return period. I requested the refund again and explained that I did not deal directly with Aims, that they are asking me to go without a recharging unit for potentially weeks while a biased third party who I did not deal with determines the outcome of my refund request, and that in fact that third party has a vested interest in the outcome against my claim. This second refund request evidently triggers an automatic claim in the Amazon system.

They replied to the claim to Amazon stating that they had given me return information on March 5th, weeks prior to me even requesting the refund, and they were awaiting my tracking info on the return.

They then rewinded and supplied the return address info. The cost of this return shipping is100% at my expense BTW, they did not even supply a paid return shipping label. I replied to amazon the date they suggested the info was given to me was completely false. But because of the specifics of of the arrangement they have with Amazon my request for intervention was denied. And that is with all of the correspondence visible to Amazon through the message system. I have never dealt with any seller on Amazon that does this

Now I can either not have charging capability of my cell till they decide to refund me my purchase price or send me some factory refurbish POS unit whenever they decide to. Or I can spend another $230 bucks to buy a one for now when it's needed and deal with their BS later. This is not right. It's BS.

I am pretty disgusted with this company ARAYCO. Their ad now reads they admittedly sell opened box possibly factory second units. This at the exact cost of new from sellers like Home depot that offer 90 day no hassle return policies.

Rant over. You have been warned.

Last edited:

I ordered one of the Aims 75A chargers from this Amazon seller. On trying to use it after the very first test of my LFP 280ah build it would not turn on. All directions were followed to the letter as far as the order of connections and supplying power and switching on but It simply did not power up. So I requested a refund on 3-34-21.

They reply to me on 3-25-21 that they are "applying for a RMA" from the manufacturer for return to inspect the unit by Aims and their technicians will inspect the unit for further action. No mention of my refund request at all. This was pretty off putting as it was well within Amazon's 30 day return period. I requested the refund again and explained that I did not deal directly with Aims, that they are asking me to go without a recharging unit for potentially weeks while a biased third party who I did not deal with determines the outcome of my refund request, and that in fact that third party has a vested interest in the outcome against my claim. This second refund request evidently triggers an automatic claim in the Amazon system.

They replied to the claim to Amazon stating that they had given me return information on March 5th, weeks prior to me even requesting the refund, and they were awaiting my tracking info on the return.

They then rewinded and supplied the return address info. The cost of this return shipping is100% at my expense BTW, they did not even supply a paid return shipping label. I replied to amazon the date they suggested the info was given to me was completely false. But because of the specifics of of the arrangement they have with Amazon my request for intervention was denied. And that is with all of the correspondence visible to Amazon through the message system. I have never dealt with any seller on Amazon that does this

Now I can either not have charging capability of my cell till they decide to refund me my purchase price or send me some factory refurbish POS unit whenever they decide to. Or I can spend another $230 bucks to buy a one for now when it's needed and deal with their BS later. This is not right. It's BS.

I am pretty disgusted with this company ARAYCO. Their ad now reads they admittedly sell opened box possibly factory second units. This at the exact cost of new from sellers like Home depot that offer 90 day no hassle return policies.

When Amazon started offering products from China like eBay, I called to get the precise terms for returns for ordering before buying.

If the seller/add says ‘Amazon Prime’ then there is US stock and you essentially get the full return rights you are used to (30 days, no questions asked),

But if the vendor/add does not say ‘Amazon Prime’ you don’t get anything like the protections you are accustomed to. You need to pay for shipping back to China (as you’ve discovered).

If I’m going to buy from the Wild West, I prefer to have no allusions about the risk I am taking, so I’ll only purchase Chinese-made products from Amazon that are listed Amazon Prime and stick to eBay or AliExpress when purchasing from a Chinese company in China.

This totally sucks. Depending on how willing you are to get on Amazon's "sh#t" list you might want to dispute the charge on your credit card. I called Amazon when I received another brand of charger but the power cord was missing. They immediately gave me 40% off. That impressed me so I'm surprised you had that bad experience. Did you try calling them? (actually having them call you back)

My Aims just did this today. It's a 48v 18.5 amp. First time using it. I was like wtf. Pretty good spark when I connected the positive lead to the battery with the unit off. So capacitors charge. But then turn it on and nothing. The red fault light is on. So I get out my voltmeter and start testing things. No ohms from neg to pos DC side. That doesn't seem normal to me. I decided to turn down the amps, and the plastic adjustment screw which is just a plastic thing that fits into a metal adjuster (potentiometer?) breaks right off. I turn the unit on and off and test output voltage with the battery leads not connected. Nothing. I measure the battery and it's fine. Then I decide to just try it again and accidently connect the battery terminal while the power is on and it works. I shut it down after a while and disconnect the pos battery and measure voltage across the neg and pos terminals on the charger. I see the capacitors bleed off as voltage drops. Weird. This was my first Aims purchase and I'm not impressed.

When Amazon started offering products from China like eBay, I called to get the precise terms for returns for ordering before buying.

If the seller/add says ‘Amazon Prime’ then there is US stock and you essentially get the full return rights you are used to (30 days, no questions asked),

But if the vendor/add does not say ‘Amazon Prime’ you don’t get anything like the protections you are accustomed to. You need to pay for shipping back to China (as you’ve discovered).

If I’m going to buy from the Wild West, I prefer to have no allusions about the risk I am taking, so I’ll only purchase Chinese-made products from Amazon that are listed Amazon Prime and stick to eBay or AliExpress when purchasing from a Chinese company in China.
Thanks for ID on the Prime distinction. I was not aware of that. Fortunately the return address was to Nevada USA. The sales company is based in Canada.... I wish I'd gotten another while home depot had them in stock. and with this taste in my mouth Home Depots 90 day no questions return policy sounded really good I don't like leaving the new build discharged indefinitely.
My Aims just did this today. It's a 48v 18.5 amp. First time using it. I was like wtf. Pretty good spark when I connected the positive lead to the battery with the unit off. So capacitors charge. But then turn it on and nothing. The red fault light is on. So I get out my voltmeter and start testing things. No ohms from neg to pos DC side. That doesn't seem normal to me. I decided to turn down the amps, and the plastic adjustment screw which is just a plastic thing that fits into a metal adjuster (potentiometer?) breaks right off. I turn the unit on and off and test output voltage with the battery leads not connected. Nothing. I measure the battery and it's fine. Then I decide to just try it again and accidently connect the battery terminal while the power is on and it works. I shut it down after a while and disconnect the pos battery and measure voltage across the neg and pos terminals on the charger. I see the capacitors bleed off as voltage drops. Weird. This was my first Aims purchase and I'm not impressed.
Now that's spooky. And I just ordered one directly from Amazon the Aims store because I didn't want to have my battery sitting at full discharge indefinitely. I'd heard another case of output knob breaking as well... I'd heard nothing but good.... till now that I had an issue...

This totally sucks. Depending on how willing you are to get on Amazon's "sh#t" list you might want to dispute the charge on your credit card. I called Amazon when I received another brand of charger but the power cord was missing. They immediately gave me 40% off. That impressed me so I'm surprised you had that bad experience. Did you try calling them? (actually having them call you back)
Just out of curiosity what brand/model/output did they send, is it working out??? I went with the Aims because I hate the sound of a generator running when I am camping and charging from the bottom to 90% would be really quick so I could get back to the quite zone quickly.

I got 3 different 30V 10A chargers - three different cheap Chinese brands. This is probably way too low in amps for you. I got them to charge cells individually. And I got 3 because i guessed one or two might be junk.

I got 3 different 30V 10A chargers - three different cheap Chinese brands. This is probably way too low in amps for you. I got them to charge cells individually. And I got 3 because i guessed one or two might be junk.
I may end up stuck with two Aims in case one is junk. :rolleyes:

I was shopping AIMS inverter chargers a few months ago, didnt like some of the nightmare reviews. Funny enough the top rated Victron doesnt get much warranty support in the US?

I feel your frustration.

I got burnt several times and now only buy if it is shipped by Amazon. I find that way you deal with Amazon not the third party vendor and if something does not work during the return period, I don’t bother with warranty I just start a return with Amazon stating the item is defective or not as described and 5 minutes later I am printing out a return label postage paid.

if it is not shipped by Amazon, then Amazon does nothing and you are at the vendor mercy.

I notice some adds give you option to save $5-10 and buy from third party vendor or pay little more to get it from Amazon.

For example, I bought R****y solar panel shipped from Amazon- got it in 3 days. Took chance and ordered second one from R****y direct to save $10. 3 weeks later it is still preparing for shipment. Technically to Amazon it has been shipped but has not been picked up by carrier. And the Amazon price jumped up $40 so I am waiting….

They got me for $12000.
There is no return of thirty days.
I've tried to work with this unit.
Bought two. 12000Watt 48vdc to 240 split phase
I do controls work. Building designing Programming and Installing Assembly line
32 years experience. Worked for a lot of big companys. Ford GM Bridgestone Procter and Gamble etc etc.
Aims needs to be run out of business in my opinion.
Big Bark no bite.
I do not like being cheated. Sorry for the beginnier DIY who starts with Aims products.
Hope they read this.

Back