diy solar

diy solar

About Grade A lithium iron phosphate battery cells and others

We noticed that many friends are talking about GRADE A and GRADE B LiFePO4 CELLS. As a professional battery company established in China for 18 years, We can responsibly tell my friends here that the easiest way to distinguish between GRADE A and Type B batteries is that GRADE A cells has the original manufacturer's test report. The data should include the internal resistance, voltage, capacity, and product code of each cell (usually the same as the information on the QR code). Without these, 99% maybe GRADE B batteries cells.

As another way, the current sales price of Grade A cells, the mainstream lithium iron phosphate manufacturer in China, is US $0.12-$0.15 per Wh. Please note that this price does not include any international transportation and other expenses. If your purchase price is lower than this price, you are sure that you are not buying grade A cells.

Attachments

• 10906154609.png
    10906154609.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
The cost of four Grade A cells 4pcs 280ah close to US $450, the cost of packaging and accessories is US $20, the cost of transportation (from China to the United States) is US $80, the cost of transportation (from American warehouse to American customers, including warehouse costs) is US $90, and the cost is close to US $640, excluding other commissions.

The truth is usually cruel and terrible. Maybe 99% of the people here have never purchased real grade A cells. The capacity of grade B cells may not be a problem, but the service life is difficult to guarantee. There may be some uncontrollable faults in half a year or one year, which is difficult to predict. This is the fact. The sales price of our grade A cells 4pcs 280ah is close to$750,Transportation from local warehouses in the United States does not have a competitive advantage, but this is the real situation of the current market. Someone always needs to expose these things!

Last edited:
The cost of four Grade A cells 4pcs 280ah close to US $450, the cost of packaging and accessories is US $20, the cost of transportation (from China to the United States) is US $80, the cost of transportation (from American warehouse to American customers, including warehouse costs) is US $90, and the cost is close to US $640, excluding other commissions.

The truth is usually cruel and terrible. Maybe 99% of the people here have never purchased real grade A cells. The capacity of grade B cells may not be a problem, but the service life is difficult to guarantee. There may be some uncontrollable faults in half a year or one year, which is difficult to predict. This is the fact. The sales price of our grade A cells 4pcs 280ah is close to$750,Transportation from local warehouses in the United States does not have a competitive advantage, but this is the real situation of the current market. Someone always needs to expose these things!

I don't doubt what you're saying. Amy wan sells grade A cells for right around 125 per cell before shipping. I don't know if there's any other vendors that are as well vetted as she is. Most of us are probably using grade b cells. My cells came from basen I'm pretty sure their grade b but they seem to be working fine so far.

I don't doubt what you're saying. Amy wan sells grade A cells for right around 125 per cell before shipping. I don't know if there's any other vendors that are as well vetted as she is. Most of us are probably using grade b cells. My cells came from basen I'm pretty sure their grade b but they seem to be working fine so far.
Yes, I agree with you very much. As a result, there is usually no problem with grade B cells with high quality. In fact, grade B batteries have many types and grades. It is difficult to distinguish and control the quality if they are not experienced suppliers! Some low-cost batteries are even reprocessed, injecting electrolyte and releasing internal gas.

Some low-cost batteries are even reprocessed, injecting electrolyte and releasing internal gas.
Some even have stone injected into them:

Amy wan sells grade A cells
Do her's come with a detailed test report showing the cell serial number and all like he shows in that picture?
I forgot to ask when I got a quote from her the other day. She said they were matched, but I am never exactly sure just what that means.

BobH, thanks for this informative post!

Do her's come with a detailed test report showing the cell serial number and all like he shows in that picture?
I forgot to ask when I got a quote from her the other day. She said they were matched, but I am never exactly sure just what that means.

I'm pretty sure the grade A cells do come with reports.

She does supply them ... not sure if it's automatic or if you have to ask for it.

She does supply them ... not sure if it's automatic or if you have to ask for it.
Haomi, Basen and Amy are professional lithium battery sales companies. We all have common suppliers, cooperation and mutual understanding. They are usually trustworthy. However, with the sales growth of lithium iron phosphate batteries, many companies not engaged in batteries also join the sales of lithium iron phosphate batteries. They hardly have any professional knowledge, For example, some companies are selling 420ah cells, which is a joke.and some assemble batteries, Even for very simple sites and equipment, they use some scrapped cells and low-quality BMS, Our local government has also been cracking down on these small-scale battery pack manufacturers without professional qualifications. Their battery packs will have the risk of spontaneous combustion when charging. We still strongly recommend that you buy safe and reliable cells and DIY yourself, and try not to buy some very cheap battery packs.so we usually don't recommend you to buy those extremely low-cost 12V or 24V battery packs, which are very risky!On the whole, CALB batteries are highly recommended, especially the cells with plastic shells. They are military and aviation level, but unfortunately, they have stopped production at present! We still have very few stocks in our US warehouse!

Last edited:
Some even have stone injected into them:
Not exactly a cell defect… more a battery seller fraud there…

We noticed that many friends are talking about GRADE A and GRADE B LiFePO4 CELLS. As a professional battery company established in China for 18 years, We can responsibly tell my friends here that the easiest way to distinguish between GRADE A and Type B batteries is that GRADE A cells has the original manufacturer's test report. The data should include the internal resistance, voltage, capacity, and product code of each cell (usually the same as the information on the QR code). Without these, 99% maybe GRADE B batteries cells.
I'd be very interested in your definition of what 'matched' cells are. I am referring to cells actually matched for paralleling.

I'd be very interested in your definition of what 'matched' cells are. I am referring to cells actually matched for paralleling.
The original manufacturer of the real grade A cells has matched them. All 3000 or 5000 cells in a batch meet the technical standards and specifications. We can use them directly after we get the cells. If you are interested, I can send you a complete test report of 280ah for your reference.

Hi Bob, I sent you a direct message. If you cannot receive it, please let me know. Thanks

As another way, the current sales price of Grade A cells, the mainstream lithium iron phosphate manufacturer in China, is US $0.12-$0.15 per Wh. Please note that this price does not include any international transportation and other expenses. If your purchase price is lower than this price, you are sure that you are not buying grade A cells.

Reinstating something I said earlier from another thread on the same subject .. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/h...ence-between-grade-a-and-grade-b-cells.28114/

but ...

All of those can be easily faked ...

If a "bad" guy is going to fake GRADE B's or below as Grades A's then he is going to go on the Internet and simply find a report (there are 1000's of them) and print it out if that's a showstopper ...

Its like those Chinese sellers that shows all of these battery voltages and IR and this and that when a) voltage means nothing .. and b) they probably have used that picture or clip to you 100X by now ...

Its a roll of a dice -- you do the best research you can - you go off what past ppl say -- you PAY BY CREDIT CARD ... and still sometimes you wind up walking weird for a week ...

Reinstating something I said earlier from another thread on the same subject .. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/h...ence-between-grade-a-and-grade-b-cells.28114/

but ...

All of those can be easily faked ...

If a "bad" guy is going to fake GRADE B's or below as Grades A's then he is going to go on the Internet and simply find a report (there are 1000's of them) and print it out if that's a showstopper ...

Its like those Chinese sellers that shows all of these battery voltages and IR and this and that when a) voltage means nothing .. and b) they probably have used that picture or clip to you 100X by now ...

Its a roll of a dice -- you do the best research you can - you go off what past ppl say -- you PAY BY CREDIT CARD ... and still sometimes you wind up walking weird for a week ...
What you said is very correct. We agree very much, so we talk about barcode. These are independent and each cell is different. These numbers should be consistent with QR code. Only the original manufacturer has the original barcode data of each cell.

Grade A 100Ah cells of real aviation and military, CALB CA100, manufacturer capacity 100Ah, actual capacity 110ah, FedEx 7-day free express transportation between the United States and the European Union, USD 399.99.

Although the plastic shell is heavier, the plastic shell is safer and more reliable,The price may still be more expensive than the 280ah you often buy, but the quality of the battery has been tested for a long time, and even passed the certification of China's military and aerospace, as well as the certification of special ships (warships).

If we don't violate the rules, we will continue to provide some local inventory with excellent quality and moderate price to give you another choice.

Last edited:

Yes.

Matched in this context means capacity and IR are matched. What this means in real life is that cell voltage will be matched very nicely from top to bottom of the discharge.

Grade A 100Ah cells of real aviation and military, CALB CA100, manufacturer capacity 100Ah, actual capacity 110ah, FedEx 7-day free express transportation between the United States and the European Union, USD 399.99.

Although the plastic shell is heavier, the plastic shell is safer and more reliable,The price may still be more expensive than the 280ah you often buy, but the quality of the battery has been tested for a long time, and even passed the certification of China's military and aerospace, as well as the certification of special ships (warships).

If we don't violate the rules, we will continue to provide some local inventory with excellent quality and moderate price to give you another choice.

Always nice to have options for real grade A cells.

If you order cells from EVE directly, a testing reports will be attached, showing voltage, IR, capacity and dimension of each cell. And cells are grouped based on these parameters, EVE will tell you cells in different groups cannot be used in the same pack. EVE does not claim it is Grade A.
So what is grade a+, a-, a, b? It is a VR world made up by sellers and buyers.

Back