diy solar

diy solar

About to get ripped off by a AliExpress

2mchinv24fit

AliExpress is about to rip me off for $2200 for battery cells that never arrived. I’ve got three days to prove my case. The seller is saying they were delivered and has posted a picture of a DHL shipping Slip but if I punch the tracking number Into the website it says tracking number does not exist. Any suggestions? The DHL tracking slip provided by the seller for their evidence has the same tracking number that I’m trying to punch into the DHL website

Attachments

• 2EFD1A2C-DAC5-42C2-9CBA-835313EFDC5B.jpeg
    2EFD1A2C-DAC5-42C2-9CBA-835313EFDC5B.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 33
Call your credit card company and get your money back.

The shipping slip they sent doesn't have your name and/or address (or did you white it out?)
Have them prove that they sent it to you and not someone else.

If you buy from two sellers on Alibaba, you will have very few problems. Amy at Shenzhen Luyuan or Hayley at Dongguan Lightning. Otherwise good luck on AliExpress, where scheisters sell their grade B and G (for garbage) cells.

There are also other reliable vendors, although experience varies for some users.

Anyway: On average, a decent seller at Alibaba is more reliable.
Aliexpress is more like the trash can. If you're buying on Aliexpress, risks of being scammed (or receive non-performing cells, damaged cells, overrated cells (170Ah sold as 280Ah).. those risks are significantly higher.

If you're buying at Aliexpress from a seller which just recently started and has no reviews at all, or unrealistic prices.. Well.. take the bet but don't complain about being scammed, since it's quite likely going to end that way. Ali will deny claim (tracking shows delivered, end of claim). Paypal depends, most luck might be with the CC company, but it all is a huge hassle.. and exept for a 3month delay, you're gettign nothing for it.

DO NOT USE Shop910787018 Store on AliExpress For anything battery related.
I was sold 8 420Ah Grade A cells for $1186 and received 8 240Ah cells of which 2 are badly damaged and 1 in missing the bottom insulating cap.
Sold "will receive 20-38 days" as soon as transaction completed. "Please give me time, trade shipping very slow right now. you will have in 75 days".
Waited 75 days with nothing from the seller so I asked for refund. Day 80 batteries show up on my door. Which I find funny because I used to work in the shipping industry and if needed I could have something shipped door to door in 5 days from China. The return cheapest shipping can also be back on their doorstep in 4 days.
What did I receive?
Notice in the two pictures are, first, the end of the test cycle 245Ah and, the second, the battery, like all the rest, have no QR code and the detail decals have been changed to show the battery is supposed to be 420Ah. They didn't even put the altered tags on squarely, nor did they clean all the glue backing off the original covers.
Now in dispute with AliExpress and Paypal.
Paypal says I have to send him back the batteries, at my expense, in order to received a full refund. Cheapest shipping is $434 USD.
AliExpress says work it out with the store to get a partial refund or send them back to get a full refund.
Paypal is looking into his business practices for fraud. Paypal says if they find he is committing fraud to multiple people then those people will have actionable recourse for shipping costs also but it may take up to two years to get enough proof.

Now as for me I will never, AND I MEAN NEVER, use any AliExpress store whether recommended or not. AliExpress has all the documentation and their money back guarantee is "Please work it out with the seller".

Attachments

• 8427.jpeg
    8427.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 20
  • 8428.jpeg
    8428.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 20
So you're just going to assume and not even try?

Call them. Provide the information.
I purchased in early June and my CC reversed the charges, but the seller kept providing fake info so the CC company applied the charge again. So next i called CC again showed them the actual tracking info and they reversed the charge again 2 days ago . The seller is fighting back saying i got the batterys but bc its china CC company can only do so much. I need a phone # to call in china , I am tired of talking to a chat BOT

I purchased in early June and my CC reversed the charges, but the seller kept providing fake info so the CC company applied the charge again. So next i called CC again showed them the actual tracking info and they reversed the charge again 2 days ago . The seller is fighting back saying i got the batterys but bc its china CC company can only do so much. I need a phone # to call in china , I am tired of talking to a chat BOT
Sorry for your loss. Yeah I really mean loss. I originally ordered mine in April. After going through the same BS from "The Seller" I finally just gave up and accepted a 158 USD refund (originally spent 1186 USD) and have nothing good to say about anything coming from China and especially AliExpress affiliate stores. In my eye they are now all thieves and Felons and I will never order anything from them again. My only future purchases will be from US suppliers only. CHINA = THIEVES. Again sorry about your luck but like me you live you learn.

Counterpoint: I've literally done over a hundred transactions on Aliexpress for thousands of Euro; very few issues.
Both our experiences are just anecdotal, but I don't think it warrants to make a blanket statement one way or another.

I don't have any issues with Chinese sellers. It all comes to selecting a decent vendor, making sure expectations are met, clear commincations.

It all comes to do some research. Nowadays, it seems people just see a low price and order. Preferably on Aliexpress, where anyone can sell anything. Knowledge is not required, just grab stuff at a local market and ship. You can put dolls, lifepo4 cells, balloons and pencils in your shop and you have a business.

If you don't do any research, have any suspicion if a seller just has started, has strange shop names, doesn't communicate anything but 'yes dear friend', sells cells which simple doesn't exist (420Ah), sells 300Ah battery packs with a weight of 5kg...

I agree those sellers should be banned, but I also think the buyer is to blame also for not doing any research. It's not only for Chinese. If people are stupid to buy anything without any check but price.. Im sure there are sellers on Ebay/Gumtree/Craigslist also which prefer the easy money. It's not only a Chinese issue.

I have made several purchases on Aliexpress without issues. However, I have not and will not order cells there. IMO there is just too much risk with too few protections. And not just risk of not getting what you paid for, but also the relatively high risk of damage. I would rather pay a bit more from a US seller where you have a much higher probability of getting what you paid for, but more importantly, getting your money back if things go South.

Back