about to wire up 2x mpp 2424, lifepo4, solaredge autotransformer and 4.5kw of panels. sanity check?

namesgolden

Solar Addict
so a year ago I decided to build a small (2kw) system for my RV

that turned into me reselling about 200 solar panels to fund a larger system.

in the process we bought land that had grid power already, so I've been able to take my time.

---------------

things I have on hand:

2x mpp lv2424-msd off-grid units and parallel kits for each

24x 250w 60cell santan panels

solaredge autotransformer

3x 24v120ah lifepo4 banks with chargery BMS's and relays on each.

------ info on the AC power wiring ----

I have a main breaker at the meter. I fed that to another grid-only 200a panel in the house.

the grid only panel will feed both of the mpp units, the mpp units will feed a 200a sub panel

the sub panel also feeds the garage, which is fed with 4/0

there are two RV hookups -- a 30a pedestal in the main driveway for guests and a 50a for our motorhome

-------------- goals -------------

wire up both of the mpp lv2424-msd's in parallel for 4+kw of 120vac

wire up autotransformer to provide split phase 240

get and install manual transfer switch for garage power, so it can be ran on the grid if necessary

---------- concerns ---------

my panels have a 38vOC -- the DC wiring run will be fairly long, can the mpp units handle 3s?

how much overpanneling will they tolerate? if I have to do 2s I'll want to do two 2s5p arrays for 2500w on each controller

autotransformer - how much current can I pull from it at 240v on the regular? should I add extra cooling? how is it going to handle resistive electric loads like water heaters and dryers?

------------------------

shoutouts to santan solar, watts247, signature solar, temco and many many other retailers for being awesome.

iamrich

Solar Addict
how much over-paneling will they tolerate? if I have to do 2s I'll want to do two 2s5p arrays for 2500w on each controller
I am running mine 3S3P (2250w) no issues. That's all I can add as the rest of your plan is outside my experience.