diy solar

diy solar

ABS Battery Box for 8S 280 ah 24 Volt Battery

I don’t see a link, but those are too small for the 280 eves.
I embedded the link in the word "link" and also specified 230 ah cells. They have boxes bigger than what I posted dimensions of. If you need an enclosure for 280 ah I think they have a size that would work.

-Nate

I apologize... I'm not sure why I thought your cells were 230 AH like the ones I plan on using when you clearly state several times that they are 280 AH. The next size larger in the boxes I am looking at has inside dimensions of 560x520x270. Maybe just barely too big... can't win... :D In that box I think I could build a 48v 230 AH or a 24v 460 AH pack... either way... huge battery that would weigh a tad over 150 pounds.

Last edited:
I am looking at has inside dimensions of 560x520x270.
That's the same issue I'm having the Dimensions I have would be an inside dimension of no less than 572 mm X 174 MM. The widest I saw had an inside dimension of 540, not big enough. So the one you found was a tad bigger.

For weight, I'm coming up with 95 LBS for the cells alone for an 8S 280 ah battery.

After looking back on this build, I would seriously consider making my build around a ABS case. The case and hardware recommended here: https://solarsupplyhouse.com/product/abs-battery-box-for-lishen-272ah-or-eve-280ah-prismatic-cells/ is way too much for 4 batteries at about $150 for the case and wiring, but I think I saw the same case with connection hardware included on Ali for 1.3 the cost.

This case is turning into taking a lot of time for this project. Was the same way with the vented case for my flooded lead Acid Battery for 4 golf cart batteries. No-one makes vented cases that big so that was about a dozen trips to five different stores with the actual case coming from a plastic manufacturer in Canada.

Any links to the 12v 4 cell option from Ali? $120 is crazy expensive for what you're getting.

Any links to the 12v 4 cell option from Ali? $120 is crazy expensive for what you're getting.
I wish I'd kept the links. When I was searching for my 572 mm X 174 MM ID box, I saw a few links that looked just like the ones in the above link. One or two had hardware. This may be an example, but I don't see the hardware kits as I did in some.

A search for "280 EVE ABS Case 12 Volt 4S" on Ali gives me what looks like a lot of cases like on the first site, but I'm not sure of the minimum purchase quantity, delivery time, etc. If I were to start over, I'd be contacting the seller for a quote and some questions. If I started over now, I'd have to purchase four 12 Volt BMSs and get rid of the two 24 volt I already have.
==========================
Besides the $120 case from the solar supply store linked in post #27, the rest of the story is a $30 assembly kit they actually offer:
That is the hardware kit I mentioned that I don't see on the Ali site I linked.

It would seem to me, and I am new to all of this so I could be wrong, that you could find a way to config your 8s pack in the dimensions I posted... The problem is now its encroaching on the size limit you specified. I'd be tempted to get one and modify it ito fit.

I'm trying to put together something similar and am looking at big deep rolling toolboxes. Anybody try this?

I'm trying to put together something similar and am looking at big deep rolling toolboxes. Anybody try this?
I did not find a battery box for 8S 280 AH cells and built one out of plywood. If you find somethign, or your tool kit works out, I'd like to see a thread on it.

Back