diy solar

diy solar

Absorption stage

--UPDATE--

I updated the firmware of the EVO2224 and my RC Plus to Version .79 and .31 respectively. With the new features on the remote, i selected charging profile 3 " 2=3stage type 2" as suggested above and in approx 2.5 hours i went from 25ish Volts to Float. Absorption Exit is set at 4A default and set Bulk charge to 25A. Seems to be working well so i'll leave it like that for now.

Now... back to my original question...

Lets say i Run the generator for whatever reason for a short period of time. My system will automatically go to ''charging". Is it a big deal if i stop the geneŕator... cutting off the charging prior to reaching float?

You do not want to hold AGM at absorb voltage for a long time. First they don't need it. AGM's have pure lead plates and have higher recharge efficiency. Second is it will cause them to split too much electrolyte water, building up too much internal pressure and causing them to vent. Good for killing AGM's.

[QUOTE="CoachMcG, post: 1187
Lets say i Run the generator for whatever reason for a short period of time. My system will automatically go to ''charging". Is it a big deal if i stop the geneŕator... cutting off the charging prior to reaching float?
[/QUOTE]

Not if your batteries are nearly fully charged. If they are, you may find you're back in float before you want to turn it off.

Back