diy solar

diy solar

AC and DC digital meters with ModBus interface - works with Pi Zeros

BarkingSpider

Carbon Lifeform
I found this DC tool after using their AC version from a Chinese electronics company, works great. Allows you to save data from your battery/solar system to a database and graph it, set alerts, remote monitoring etc. Its well made and comes with everything you need to plug into your Pi or PC.

Easy to set up if you know Pi and Linux. I can post help if anyone is interested.

Here is the output from the AC version I already had which is connected to the output of my inverter. $20 for the meter and $30 for the Pi Zero.

[joe@pi4]:(/home/joe) > ./powerMeter.py
Voltage: 122 v
Amps: 26 a
Watts: 32 w
Frequency: 60 hz
Energy: 19 w/h
PowerFactor: 0.98 pf
AlarmStatus: 0 0=off

The idea is you can save and graph the data and modify your settings / set alerts if anything bad happens, low voltage etc.

With these 2 tools you can monitor any electrical component of your system. You just need access to the bare wire. These tools are a game changer for me especially used with Grafana like this as I need to remotely monitor my system to ensure I always have power as I'm off-grid.

I want a phone alert if my batteries are depleted or have a problem, or to know when they are fully charged.

SolarGraf.jpg

Last edited:
Back