diy solar

diy solar

AC cable sizing for 8kw inverter with upgrade path to add 2/3

SolarMaxIt

I'm about to install a PIP-MAX 8KW inverter charger and want to double check my AC cable sizes ? Any help/confirmation/checking much appropriated.

So I'm starting with a single unit, but will get soon a second, and possible a third down the road if 3 phase is required, currently I'm thinking the few 3 phase machines I have will just stay on existing grid 3 phase 25Amp circuit.

So I will run the 3 phase 25Amp circuit as input to the inverters and just use 1 phase if I have them wired in single phase paralleled together. If I go 3phase output one day I could rewire to go 3 phase with 3 separate inverters (unlikely I think, but possible?).

Cable distance from cold celar with batteries + invertors to house distribution box is max 5m.

So my current understanding is 8wk max output per inverter at 230V = 35A + 20% on top would be 42A. So I think I need 10mm2 cables from each inverter, so was thinking 3 separate cables(L/N/E) of 10mm2 for each inverter, so with 2 inverters I'd need 6 of these. If then I upgraded from 2 inverters to 3 and switched to 3 phase, I could repurpose those 6*10mm2 cables (needing only 5), to 3 phase ?

Thanks for any help :)

N

Back