diy solar

diy solar

AC coupled inverter settings for DIY 48v 16s 280ah LiFePO4

robomilo

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm planning to build a 48v 16s 280ah LiFePO4 with 80amp Daly BMS, and using it with a SOFar ME3000sp AC coupled inverter.

Could someone please advise on what settings to use, as its a custom battery it asks for these settings to be set:

1)*Set battery capacity
2)*Set max charge voltage
3)*Set max Charge current
4)*Set max protect voltage
5)*Set min discharge voltage
6)*Set max discharge current
7)*Set min protect voltage
8)*Set discharge depth
9)*Set empty discharge voltage
10)*Set full charge voltage

Welcome to the forum.

I would bump the BMS up to at least 100A, and you need to check the DALY rating. They are usually asymmetrical - less charge current rating than discharge.

1)*Set battery capacity, 280Ah
2)*Set max charge voltage, 55.2V; 3.45V/cell. If charging takes too long, you can go as high as 57.6; 3.55V/cell
3)*Set max Charge current, Whatever your BMS is multiplied by 0.8 up to a maximum of 140A (cell limit)
4)*Set max protect voltage, 58.4V; 3.65V/cell
5)*Set min discharge voltage, 48V; 3V/cell
6)*Set max discharge current, Whatever your BMS is multiplied by 0.8 up to a maximum of 280A (your cells' limit)
7)*Set min protect voltage, 43.2, 2.7V/cell
8)*Set discharge depth, Depends on what they mean, but it will either be 80% DoD or 20% SoC.
9)*Set empty discharge voltage, 40V; 2.5V/cell
10)*Set full charge voltage, 55.2; 3.45V/cell

These settings are my preferences. The max charge voltage is intended to improve cycle life with longer charge times (and reduced current) due to increased absorption phase.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I would bump the BMS up to at least 100A, and you need to check the DALY rating. They are usually asymmetrical - less charge current rating than discharge.

These settings are my preferences. The max charge voltage is intended to improve cycle life with longer charge times (and reduced current) due to increased absorption phase.
Thanks for your reply! Exactly what I needed.

Its too late to cancel my Aliexpress BMS order, so I might just have to order a new one.

For the 80A (continuous discharge) Daly BMS I've ordered its got a maximum 40A Charge current.

The ME3000sp has a maximum charge (programmable) & discharge current of 60A

Please share, how did you select the correct Inverter charger for the battery you built? Also a wiring diagram connection between the battery, Inverter charger and AC busbar in the mains power-board.

Yeah, I'd like that schematics too, if possible.
Planning to build an exact build.
Thanks!

Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I'm planning to build a 48v 16s 280ah LiFePO4 with 80amp Daly BMS, and using it with a SOFar ME3000sp AC coupled inverter.

Could someone please advise on what settings to use, as its a custom battery it asks for these settings to be set:

1)*Set battery capacity
2)*Set max charge voltage
3)*Set max Charge current
4)*Set max protect voltage
5)*Set min discharge voltage
6)*Set max discharge current
7)*Set min protect voltage
8)*Set discharge depth
9)*Set empty discharge voltage
10)*Set full charge voltage
Hi, first time poster and overall Newbie.

Thank you to everyone for your postings - a great help to me to get my solar system up and working. Similar to yourself, I have installed a ME3000SP, 16 x 180A LifePo4 cells, 150A Daly BMS. Could I kindly ask you if the settings suggested in the thread worked out?...or did you end up with some tweaks on this? I also have a setting "Discharge Time" not mentioned above.

Any help much appreciated - Mark

Back