diy solar

diy solar

AC Coupling Growatt 12k to Sol-Ark 12k

NutSolar

I'm about ready to give up on this Growatt 12k and buy a Sol-ark 12k for a number of reasons.

From reading this forum, it appears that there's no safe way to grid-tie the Growatt without expensive extra hardware and the lack of adequate documentation and support is concerning. Every way I've tried to connect it, (shared neutral or seperately derived system) it generates voltage on ground and feeds power back into the main even when the main breaker is off.

What I'm curious of is whether or not I can use the Growatt as an AC coupled inverter to a Sol-ark 12k?

From what I can tell the answer is no, but I thought I'd ask. The Growatt requires the batteries to start so I'd need to leave at least one bank connected to the Growatt. I can't find any reference to a UL listing for the device anywhere, which is also troubling.

Is there any way that I can still make use of the Growatt or should I just sell it?

Thanks!

I have not heard of anyone trying that but I would be concerned about the same grounding issues with the Growatt damaging the Sol-Ark. Another issue is that it is kind of pointless because the Sol-Ark 12K has a much lower limit on AC coupling, it's 16KW total including what you have on the DC end. So if you have 12KW of PV running to the 12K you could only add 4K of AC coupling.

Back