diy solar

diy solar

AC coupling with battery and Generator

carlosben90

Hi Everyone, I currently have a new metering system with a Backup generator that I would like to add batteries to. I will be using the Conext XW Pro to add the batteries but I wanted to reach out regarding the generator connection. Looking at the XW Pro AC Coupling Solutions Guide, the recommended solution is to connect through the generator input using interlock LC1D188G7 that connects line when generator turns on and disconnects PV inverters (As shown below).
1651957459760.png
However, Only thing I dont like is that I have a big generator capable of running full house but I only have battery backup for critical panel load. Therefore, If connected as above, Generator will only power critical loads. On the other hand, If I just connect the whole house to the critical panel, generator will turn everything ON but when using batteries I will need to monitor consumption cause is the full house.

My ideal situation would be to have a system where generator turns ON the whole house (manually when I want to) and the batteries only power critical panel. I modified suggested system above with the following and wanted to get your feedback on it:
1651957897299.png

Any thoughts?? Thanks in Advance

Back