diy solar

diy solar

Ac/dc switching advice

g-a-b-r-i-e-l

Hello, i have a solar setup that i am getting setup and need some guidance on the best way to manage... On budget an dc to c switchigf matter.
The system consists of 2 battery banks one 12v and one 36v.
I have solar on both and seperate inverters on both.
How best is it to switch between systems when theres is solar to decide and switch between the two banks to feed in a 15amp ac current?
Essentially i have an ac charger. Id like it to switch between the two inverters dependant on when the voltage is high enough in either banks and turn off completely when the dc volatge is too low.
Im on a budget but have lots of cable already.
Ive been looking on ebay and see there are plenty of little switch for not alot that can sense, shut off, switch, etc. But cannot make a clear enough, simple affordable plan, given all the different switch types available.
Id kindly like to keep the build within about £50 or less, can anybody recomend the best solutions to build the above please?
Thanks in advance
Gabe

Review, you have an AC charger that charges (maybe a car) and you want to power that off of your inverter that has solar behind it. You have to different AC inverters with a battery pack for each one. You want to switch back and forth between the two so you can keep your AC charger powered as much as possible from those two systems. Is that a correct understanding?

If you don't mind leaving the inverters powered on, you can just leave both on and switch the AC from each to power the AC charger. That would be the most simple switching/control. (still thinking about an easy way for you to control based on two different battery systems)

You might be better off with a different solution. For example let one of your solar battery systems work to deliver power to the second system and let that system run the AC charger (always). Are the systems used only to run that AC charger?

What is the size of the two systems? (three items below would help)
Solar panel watts on each
Battery capacity in amp hours for each
Inverter size in output watts for each

Back