diy solar

diy solar

AC input (120v) for two Growatt LVM 3000 in Split Phase - Get error #15

RemodelCalc

This is installed in my 32' Class A RV. I don't have solar yet, but can charge batteries when on shore power.
I connected AC input to inverter #1 (left - red cable). When I plug it in, I get code #15 on the left inverter (#15 - Parallel input utility grid different) ... I don't understand what that error means.

Should I connect both inverters to AC inputs?

Something wrong in settings?

IMG_20211207_200500.jpg

I found this image in the manual (PDF version), that shows what 240v? inputs split into 2 legs, going to both inverters ... I only have 120V in my camper ... so I cannot bring 2nd leg ...

Screenshot 2021-12-07 215203.png

Last edited:
Based on what I've seen with this style of inverter topology (looking at that diagram), it does require 240v input (L1 going to inverter 1, and L2 going to inverter 2)...

Usually RVs with the 50a cord for the shore power input have 240v input (even though the RV only uses the 2 legs independently) and have an L1 and an L2 with a neutral and a ground.

1638978618578.png

I'm assuming your RV has a 30a shore power cord? Can you upgrade to a 50a cord?

On the Error #15, you could check in the manual to see if they have a code reference chart, or ping Growatt and ask them what Error #15 means. My guess it's related to it not sensing the 240v input properly (spread across the two inverters).

Perhaps there is a different topology that could be utilized in a Growatt 120v input setup where the 2 inputs would be on the same leg? Would have to check in the Growatt documentation. I've seen some of the Growatts wired in direct parallel, however, those were the 240v single inverters, if yours are 120v inverters? Then you'd have to check with Growatt to see if there is a way to stack them in parallel where only one L1 goes on both inverter inputs (making it a 120v only-pair, not a 240v as-a-pair)... Not sure if that is possible with your model inverter.

Last edited:
This is installed in my 32' Class A RV. I don't have solar yet, but can charge batteries when on shore power.
I connected AC input to inverter #1 (left - red cable). When I plug it in, I get code #15 on the left inverter (#15 - Parallel input utility grid different) ... I don't understand what that error means.

Should I connect both inverters to AC inputs?

Something wrong in settings?

View attachment 74969

I found this image in the manual (PDF version), that shows what 240v? inputs split into 2 legs, going to both inverters ... I only have 120V in my camper ... so I cannot bring 2nd leg ...

View attachment 74970
How are you intending to handle 30 or 50 amp shorepower as neither is 240V if you were to make this system work as 240V? I have to ask why you bought 2 units for use in a motorhome?

One solution if you have a 50 amp shorepower system is to run each All In One on a leg without the 2 in parallel. One 120V leg of shorepower to one GW, the other leg to the other. This allows the 50a service to act as it originally did, each leg is 120V without any 240V.

If you're looking for 240V power for a mini split, you will need a transformer for that purpose.

Back