diy solar

diy solar

AC input (120v) for two Growatt LVM 3000 in Split Phase throws error 15

MadSci

There was a similar thread that ended in December, but it didn't answer my question. The manual states that error 15 means that "parallel input utility grid different." I have 2 - Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM set for parallel operation. I needed 2 - 120v legs to my transfer switch, as it requires two lets. Originally, I had set up the Growatts for single phase and fed the 120v output from each to each leg of the switch. That didn't work so I went with the parallel setup. From the single phase setup, I had wired 120v to each inverter from a single circuit and it worked fine. With this same wiring in place, the inverters threw as 16 error - Parallel input phase error. So....I tried wiring just one of the inverters and no matter which inverter, an error 15 was thrown. I'm fine with using one inverter to charge my batteries. I don't have enough solar yet to accomplish this. So can run just one circuit to just one inverter and use it even though it throws the 15 error? Or do I have to grab another leg off of my grid to run A/C to both inverters?

Back