diy solar

diy solar

AC Output to load center Question

SYKSolar

I am planning to connect my Growatt 3K-ES model to a Square D 70 amp with 2 space and 4 circuit sub panel/load center. I use EG$4 48V battery.

As you know the two spaces is for 2 independent live (hot) wires where as the output from the inverter come with just one hot wire. Do you think I can pigtail that one hot wire (from Inverter AC output) in the load center to give two hot wires so that I can used the 2 spaces and have 4 circuits?
Anyone does that before? The wire size is to be 8 AWG. Picture is for just for show only and not fully connected and I need to add the ground bar etc.
1653668466283.png

If it is a 120V inverter (I think it is) then yes, you can do connect both sides together to make it a 120V panel. I would label it as such, somewhere, just for clarity.

Yes. Just use a jumper between the two lugs in the panel and 1 from the Growatt to either lug. You won't get 240v split phase out of it, but it'll get you power to both legs.
Thanks.
BTW, I shall connect an AC inputs to the inverter from a utility sub panel which is tied to the 200 amps main service panel. The neutral and the ground wire in the main service is already bonded and ground to a ground rod. With an utility AC input connected to the inverter, that means the inverter and the load center is also grounded. There is no need to separately ground the load center again. Agree?

Back