diy solar

diy solar

AC Power Distribution Block (PDB) - Grid as "backup"

daurtanyn

I'm working on a system design using dual Sol-Ark 12k inverter/charger units and want to install a bypass.

After the utility meter I have a 200amp main breaker panel. The main breaker panel (the single breaker is all that's in the box outside) currently feeds a 2/0 wire set which runs about 25 feet up to my main loads panel.

I'm looking for a Power Distribution Block (AC Splitter or AC junction) which would let me deliver that AC power to both of the line inputs of the Sol-Arks AND one input to a manual transfer switch. A one to three splitter with continuation.

The manual transfer switch's other input would be the combined output of the two Sol-Ark inverters.

The output of the transfer switch would be feed the main loads panel.

This would allow me to manually bypass the entire solar system (if ever necessary) and connect my main loads panel back to the utility grid for maintenance.

Sadly, I'm having trouble finding 200amp capable Power Distribution Blocks.

Ideally, I would prefer one which has two 2/0 lugs and two #4 lugs for the distribution to the two Sol-Ark inputs. With a transparent cover.

All of these connections would be done inside the wire trough (gutter, wireway).

can you just use polaris connectors to do this?
I don’t see why not. I think some of the older ones might not be UL listed if you need that.

The OP wanted ones with transparent covers. So, maybe something like this:

1676676005610.jpeg

1676676049965.jpeg
Etc.

Last edited:
I don’t see why not. I think some of the older ones might not be UL listed if you need that.

The OP wanted ones with transparent covers. So, maybe something like this:

View attachment 135370

View attachment 135371
Etc.

hey those are nice. definitely saving this link. good for a line-side sol ark install for sure. thats my plan when house is done

4/0 from grid to two separate 2/0 for each sol ark is what im looking for for grid input into the sol ark.

then two 2/0 to single 4/0 for load connection to main panel

Not sure which Sol-Arks you have, but if you’re talking about the 15 K. Typically you use 3/0 wire for 200 amp. The neutral can be 2/0.

Back