diy solar

diy solar

AC tied Hybrid inverter to Grid tie setup

denmek

Hello guys,

I am planing to extend my existing Setup with grid tied inverter (SDT G2) with AC hybrid inverter with 48V battery.
GoodWe as example below showed exact setup I need, but I would like to have 0W export in this setup.
Any idea if this would work ?
I believe the simplified ligic is based on power returned to Grid which is then used for AC charging of the battery .
But assuming I will deactivate export, how this suppoed to work ?

there would be an option to replace SDT G2 with EH or ES series only, but my grid setup does not allow it. Replacing the setup with HV inverter system is not usefull for me , since then my 48V battery setup will be lost.

thanks in advance
Screenshot 2022-01-24 155920.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-24 155920.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-24 155920.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 4
If I understand your drawing as bold line means 3 phase and you also want zero export, the only way to ensure this is to have a 3 phase CT current sense & volt phasing sense controlling the first SDT G2 GT only inverter preventing it from pushing power to grid. This assumes the EH hybrid inverter has its own zero export management.

Putting a single phase load on a 3 phase GT inverter will likely limit its output power production, either based on current consumed by single phase load branch or a total shutdown on three phase inverter due to phase current loading imbalance.

Three phase GT inverters normally do not have the capacitance storage filtering of a single phase GT inverters because the instantaneous power flow on 3 phase AC is much smoother than single phase. PV panel loading must have smooth current loading without any AC instantaneous ripple current appearing on panel or it will not yield full available solar power from panel. The ripple current loading on panel will act like an unstable MPPT loading point.

Hi Thanks, actually the operation will need to be separated:

Daylights: string inverter creates PV power and compensates loads and AC power for the battery charge
Nights: only EH hybrid is active

I belive this could be potentially working setup , the only topic which is unclear how to enable AC charging with zero export to the grid.

not really, in my case AC charging only allowed from PV energy(State regulation), therefore fully linked to zero export.

Back