diy solar

diy solar

AC200 Max & B230 Expansion Battery

Check out the downsides I found at 2:50

What do you think?
Thanks for all you do Will.
Re the awful looking and awkward cable setup for the expansion batteries, seems like they could make cables with a 90 degree plug to clean that up some. And perhaps offer different length options for a buyer’s preference as to where they keep the battery in relation to the main unit. But as you mentioned, too bad they don’t have integrated ports and just lock in like the Titan. That would be the safest and cleanest setup.

Speaking of Titan, haven’t seen anything on them in months... ?

Last edited:
I'm particularly interested in whether the AC300 will have the ability to connect to 120v 30A shore power and operate in UPS mode while powering the 30A DC port. This will make it a perfect drop in all in one solution for an 30 amp RV. Just wire in the 30A coming into the RV into the AC300 AC input, TT-30 out of the inverter right into the RV main breaker. 12VDC 30A output to the RV main fuse panel and you're all set. Plus you just pull three plugs if you want to pull the whole thing out to use it for something else.

I think it will support this, or at least be close, since the specs say 3000W max AC charge on 120V. This would put it at 25A, which is close enough for my application. I suspect the AC/DC charge transformer is internal, which is nice. If anyone one can find a full res photo of the power input side, we should be able to confirm this. Also it says the input charge is adjustable, so you could dial it down if you have to plug your RV into a 15A breaker (or in my case a Honda EU2000i generator). I will also be curious to see if it smartly reduces AC charge current with changing loads when it's in UPS mode. Hopefully Will gets ahold of one of these and puts it through the ringer.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I'm particularly interested in whether the AC300 will have the ability to connect to 120v 30A shore power and operate in UPS mode while powering the 30A DC port. This will make it a perfect drop in all in one solution for an 30 amp RV. Just wire in the 30A coming into the RV into the AC300 AC input, TT-30 out of the inverter right into the RV main breaker. 12VDC 30A output to the RV main fuse panel and you're all set. Plus you just pull three plugs if you want to pull the whole thing out to use it for something else.

I think it will support this, or at least be close, since the specs say 3000W max AC charge on 120V. This would put it at 25A, which is close enough for my application. I suspect the AC/DC charge transformer is internal, which is nice. If anyone one can find a full res photo of the power input side, we should be able to confirm this. Also it says the input charge is adjustable, so you could dial it down if you have to plug your RV into a 15A breaker (or in my case a Honda EU2000i generator). I will also be curious to see if it smartly reduces AC charge current with changing loads when it's in UPS mode. Hopefully Will gets ahold of one of these and puts it through the ringer.

Looking at that image again with fresh eyes, I'm pretty sure it says: "AC Input 108-120VAC/30A." Sign me up if that's the case and it works as a true UPS.

Looks like I was right. The AC300 and B300 manuals have been posted on the Bluetti Facebook group. 30A 120V input with true UPS is available with an accessory 30A cable. I'm also happily surprised that the AC300 has dual 1200W MPPT. This perfect since I need one controller for my rooftop panels and another for the ground portable panels. I'll be ordering one with two B300s to fully power my small Intech RV.

Looks like I was right. The AC300 and B300 manuals have been posted on the Bluetti Facebook group. 30A 120V input with true UPS is available with an accessory 30A cable. I'm also happily surprised that the AC300 has dual 1200W MPPT. This perfect since I need one controller for my rooftop panels and another for the ground portable panels. I'll be ordering one with two B300s to fully power my small Intech RV.
You mind posting the links to them for those of us that don't do Facebook? Thanks.

Here are all the Bluetti manuals that were posted recently to their facebook page...

D300S
PV Drop Down Module
D050S DC Charging Enhancer
B300 Portable Power Station
AC300 Portable Power Station

Attachments

• D300S BLUETTI.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
  • BLUETTI D050S User Manual.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 11
  • BLUETTI B300 User Manual.pdf
    7.5 MB · Views: 11
  • BLUETTI AC300 User Manual.pdf
    12.5 MB · Views: 19
Here are all the Bluetti manuals that were posted recently to their facebook page...

D300S PV Drop Down Module
D050S DC Charging Enhancer
B300 Portable Power Station
AC300 Portable Power Station
Thanks!

So if I can use b230 with ac200p, where I connect solar input?

You dont get this system work nicely. Always removing and attaching plugs there and here.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 65820
From what I saw in one of the pictures, it appears the B230 and B300 will connect through the D050S module to the AC200P. I think it may limit it to 500w though, so not sure if it will be worth getting.

I thought someone said they were working on a new module for it, but I haven't seen it yet.

Received today via UPS.
well packaged, 63% charge out of the box. Charging now with ac brick while I read the manual.

Back