diy solar

diy solar

AC200 Max Pre-order Live

The AC200 Max is now available for Pre-order
Yes, Ordered one friday. Holding off on an extra battery. Hoping it turns out to be a quality unit, without the typical early production “bugs”.
For use in my Sprinter van, will run a maxxair vent fan, 12v/120v fridge, typical chargers, an induction cook top, an occasional small 120v fan, and a small coffee maker.
Only have room for 2 100w rich solar panels at this time, until I find a good flex adhesive panel to put on the rooftop ac cover. Saw Will Prowse review one a while back, haven’t found any.

Sometimes I think hmmm ? maybe I should’ve just waited and sprung for the new AC300.
Smaller footprint, less weight, more power…
What’s not to like. Except I do wonder whey Bluetti didn’t make the batteries attachable to the unit on both ac200 max and ac300.

The AC300 and battery combo is actually much bigger than the AC200 Max. Would be my preference as well but I have the AC200P so I am thinking of just getting an expansion battery.

I ordered an AC 200 max on August 20th, at 7:03pm, a few minutes after pre-order opened. At the time the website said delivery in 4 to 6 weeks. It is now about 4 weeks. I emailed Bluetti for an update, and received this response:
The first batch of AC200&B230 will be shipped to the American warehouse in Mid-October and be delivered by lorry within 7-10 days to your receiving address.
You can get the tracking number to track your order at that time.”

While I appreciate the response, I am not happy at all and that it really looks like it’s going to be pushing or actually November before I receive this thing. Reminds me of the indiegogo /Bluetti ac200 crowdfunding campaign. A lot of frustration.
I feel like if a company has a new product and posts an expected delivery time on the pre-order site, it should be accurate. I know, we’re still in a pandemic, supply chain issues, shipping from china etc.
Better to underpromise and over deliver.
I was really hoping they had it together now but it’s starting to smell like the original AC200 campaign, without the indiegoblow middleman. I hope I’m wrong…
just really dislike paying out of pocket, finding out the estimated delivery date was a false expectation, and waiting weeks or months for something.
Thats a Bad taste.

Last edited:
I ordered an AC 200 max on August 20th, at 7:03pm, a few minutes after pre-order opened. At the time the website said delivery in 4 to 6 weeks. It is now about 4 weeks. I emailed Bluetti for an update, and received this response:
The first batch of AC200&B230 will be shipped to the American warehouse in Mid-October and be delivered by lorry within 7-10 days to your receiving address.
You can get the tracking number to track your order at that time.”

While I appreciate the response, I am not happy at all and that it really looks like it’s going to be November before I see this thing. Reminds me of the indiegogo /Bluetti ac200 crowdfunding campaign. I feel like if a company has a new product and posts an expected delivery time on the pre-order site, it should be accurate. I know, we’re still in a pandemic, supply chain issues, shipping from china etc.
I was really hoping they had it together now but it’s starting to smell like the original AC200 campaign, without the indiegoblow middleman. I hope I’m wrong…
just really dislike paying out of pocket, finding out the estimated delivery date was a false expectation, and waiting weeks or months for something.
Thats a Bad taste.
I have a feeling you won't be getting your battery till next year.

I have a feeling you won't be getting your battery till next year.
I’ll likely cancel my order and order something readily available or buildable if I don’t have it by October 20.
I need a power system for my Sprinter van before a road trip in mid Nov.

I hope you get it before October 20th but the way they worded that email doesn't look promising.

I hope you get it before October 20th but the way they worded that email doesn't look promising.
Agreed.
I actually called them last Friday sept 10 and the guy said “oh it should be anytime now, give it a few more days and check back”.
So i gave it a week… and yeah not holding my breath for delivery by oct 20. Going to be looking for something comparable and actually
available
in the meantime.

Ordered the AC200 Max in the first few minutes also (Aug 20)... said three weeks or delivery... now sitting at 6 weeks... still no unit. Really losing faith in Bluetti. This is running like a crowd funding... they just lied to us to do it. They are still taking orders despite being late on our original orders. This is not the mark of a quality company. Starting to regret it.

Ordered the AC200 Max in the first few minutes also (Aug 20)... said three weeks or delivery... now sitting at 6 weeks... still no unit. Really losing faith in Bluetti. This is running like a crowd funding... they just lied to us to do it. They are still taking orders despite being late on our original orders. This is not the mark of a quality company. Starting to regret it.
I ordered in the first few minutes as well, and felt exactly the same as you until yesterday when I looked at the bluettipower.com site and saw the first batch supposedly shipped from the US warehouse sept 24. No shipping notice at all so that’s not great but at least it's on the way. Yours should be as well.
see red print on screenshot below:

Attachments

• 2A235E31-C7EA-46B3-8E8C-D59C800F2A16.png
    2A235E31-C7EA-46B3-8E8C-D59C800F2A16.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 4
image.jpgFor those who are feeling anxious about waiting for it. I just received this via ups. I ordered at 7pm on the presale date also.

I live in Orange County, CA. Item was shipped from about 40 mins away from me. It’s a beast, nothing too crazy, just not sure the wife can handle putting this into the back of our jeep.

Good luck everyone!

If anyone is interested I can post pics of the box before I opened it.

I received mine today as well via UPS. One of the early orders. It was packaged well, and had a 63% charge. Plugged it in to the wall and it was at 100% in <2hrs. Tested with a few things: ran a small 1500w heater fine. Also plugged in a Ikea induction cooktop to heat some leftovers up for lunch. All good.
I may have to get the battery pack or 2 for my intended uses. I’ll wait and see if anyone comes up with a foolproof way to use a normal lifep04 battery like the SOK 206ah with it. In the meantime hopefully battery costs come down further.

Attachments

• F5DDFCE4-D51C-4B2F-830C-DC0372D7AFA7.jpeg
    F5DDFCE4-D51C-4B2F-830C-DC0372D7AFA7.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Sma
I received mine today as well via UPS. One of the early orders. It was packaged well, and had a 63% charge. Plugged it in to the wall and it was at 100% in 2hrs. Tested with a few things: ran a small 1500w heater fine. Also plugged in a Ikea induction cooktop to heat some leftovers up for lunch. All good.
I may have to get the battery pack or 2 for my intended uses. I’ll wait and see if anyone comes up with a foolproof way to use a normal lifep04 battery like the SOK 206ah with it. In the meantime hopefully battery costs come down further.
That's a great idea. Adding a diy or cheap battery should be easy. Match plug and voltage and it should work.

Sma
That's a great idea. Adding a diy or cheap battery should be easy. Match plug and voltage and it should work.
I’m not an expert, so not sure it’s that simple or it seems it would have been done with the ac200p. There are some battery hacks on youtube for the ac200p using scooter batteries or something but I’d rather have something in the Battleborne, SOK, Ampere time 200ah realm. Ideally I’d like to be able to charge said battery through the appropriate port on the 200max (like for the B230 battery) while it’s connected to a charging source, and also draw from battery when needed through the usual outputs /software configuration on the 200max.
But maybe I’m missing something.

Unrelated, but one observation with the ac200max so far is that if you unplug the charger (T500) from the unit itself but leave the T500 plugged into the wall, it will just continue to run like it doesn’t sense there is no load so just runs and runs. At first I thought it was just cooling down and would shut off but 5min later it was still running. Seems an obvious oversight to me.
Also, on my initial charge from 63% out of the box, it charged (with same T500 -120vac) to 99% in about 1.7 hrs, then sat at 99% for 20+ min. I was thinking hmm wonder why it takes so long to get that last 1%? Unplugged the T500 and the screen immediately went to 100%. ?

Last edited:
Still waiting for delivery...from my order on the first day! Bluetti is not acting like a reputable company. No communication. No product weeks after promised. This was no better that a go-fund me run. They lied about them being in stock, yet they still offer them for sale. If you haven't dropped your cash yet, I would avoid ordering anything from them. If they are this disorganized and this uncaring about their customers they may not be able to survive - especially with the Biden Era going into full swing.

I go walking 2x a week over in Long Beach along the Belmont shoreline. From there you can see the 100s of ships parked out in the waters waiting to get unloaded.

I’ve been jogging here for over a decade and it’s the first time I’ve ever seen a logjam with this many ships out there for the last few months. There’s been a few news articles about it.

Bottom line is I think you may want to give bluetti a little break and be a little patient. Mine got shipped from a nearby city (city of Industry). So my guess is your solgen is sitting out there somewhere waiting to get into your excited hands.

What is sad to me is that all the ships out there keep their engines running for electricity and stuff, so the air quality has been pretty nasty.

?????? Your solgens get out to you guys soon.

Back