diy solar

diy solar

AC200 - Normal ?

Relay

I have a Bluetti AC200. After a day of solar charging my AC200 shows 100% charged. Green power light is on. In the morning with nothing drawing any power, my display will show 85 to 93% charged. Is this normal ? Should I turn off unit at night ? I mean, Hit power switch to turn off unit and green power button light goes off. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Yes. Yes.

The circuitry that makes the power available consumes battery capacity when in the ON state even if there are no loads.

Thanks, I thought that was the case but needed an answer to confirm

This is a slight bummer. Just another nightly routine we will have to accustom to I guess ?

It seems ridiculous and a serious design flaw on Bluetti’s part for the unit to consume that much energy when just idling sitting at the ready. Seems like it should have a built in eco mode.

I've seen the exact same issue. I've enabled Eco mode, but it makes no difference, even turning of AC and DC outputs, the box remains powered up all the time, slowly losing power for no obvious reason

Having owned my Ac200 for several months now and done dozens of tests, this is what I've come up with.
After being charged to 100% and disconnected all input power, the Ac200 uses between 30-35% of its capacity every 24 hours just being on. If left on for 3 days (72 hours), it will drain to 0% capacity and shut itself off.

That’s inexcusable design flaw for something that’s supposed to be a stand by power source. I’ve almost pulled the trigger on the ac200p a few times (to use in my van).
I’m going to look for something better after reading this.
Thanks

ps
anyone know of any so called “solar generators” >2000w that perform better than the bluetti ac200p, and <$2000?
the pecron seems interesting, and I see various on kickstarter campaigns but those are sus/iffy to me.

Last edited:
This post explains a lot, they advertised running a deep freezer for 30 some hours and I'm lucky to get 17. Support is horrible, they don't even respond to the emails most of the time and the battery seems to stop charging at random numbers like 60 or 72 or 84% charge then jumps to 100% charge all of sudden. They told me to cycle the battery a few times which did not help with this.

Back