diy solar

diy solar

AC200 Testing

liliantong

Hi Everyone,
I am new here, please be kind :). I just got around to testing my AC200 (not AC200P) and for the most part it's going well except one smallish thing I noticed. I have an ICECO JP50 and when plugged in but powered off using AC, there is a power draw of 36 watts (same when ICECO is idle). When I unplug from the ICECO itself leaving the cord plugged into the AC200 the power draw is 0 (obviously). I also have the EB150 and it operates as expected: 0 power draw when the ICECO is powered off and plugged in and also when idle. Plugging in the ICECO using DC on the AC200, it behaves as expected and same results as testing with the EB150.

I will definitely be using DC anyway, but I am interested in feedback on why the AC200 draws power from the ICECO when the ICECO is off but plugged in via AC.

BTW, the AC cord for the ICECO doesn't have a brick charger. It just looks like a regular cord normally used for desktop/tower computers back in the day.

Thanks in advance,
Lilian

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

I only have speculation.

The ICECO 120VAC input likely powers a transformer internal to the unit that always consumes a little power.

For the AC200, it detects this as a load and powers the inverter, so it's burning the idle power needed to supply the 120VAC and what little power the transformer draws.

For the EB150, the load of the transformer may be below the threshold that the inverter is set to detect, thus the inverter stays in standby mode and does not power on.

Thank you! I've also reached out to Maxoak and hopefully they will respond. In the past they were really good when I had brick charger issues with the EB150. I will update if I hear back.

Welcome to the forum.

I only have speculation.

The ICECO 120VAC input likely powers a transformer internal to the unit that always consumes a little power.

For the AC200, it detects this as a load and powers the inverter, so it's burning the idle power needed to supply the 120VAC and what little power the transformer draws.

For the EB150, the load of the transformer may be below the threshold that the inverter is set to detect, thus the inverter stays in standby mode and does not power on.
Here is their response:
Hello Lilian,

Thank you for providing these information, I sent your videos to our technical team and they claimed that it is a normal phenomenon cause once you turn AC on, there is going to be power wasted. While AC is unloaded, inverter current is about 0.45A. It's becuase the sampling part was fixed on the inverter induction, so there will be a inverter power. Also, when you plug in the device which is lower than 150W,the error of power output is about 40W. As the power output increase, the error will decrease and ultimately achieve zero error.

Please check attach file for more information. Hope I answered your question. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Yueyou Li

Attachments

• C5BCAF42-52C4-4268-AE39-EF589EB8F86A.jpeg
    C5BCAF42-52C4-4268-AE39-EF589EB8F86A.jpeg
    51 KB · Views: 13
Back