diy solar

diy solar

AC200 with 6 x 100w solar panel connection

Joemag23

Hello All. I just put in for my very own Bluetti AC200. I am starting with 6 x 100w 12v solar panels. I need guidance on how to hook up the panels to the AC200. I heard will say hook all up together in series. Then I saw that it turns it into a 24v system. Very confused. Don't want to blow out the AC200 with wrong wiring. Where's Will when you need him. :) Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe Maggio Jr

I suggest you look up the specs on your 100 watt panel and stop calling it a 12 volt panel.
None of the specs on 100 watt panels are 12 volts. 12 volt only refers to charging a 12 volt battery and with MPPT controllers that is meaningless.
Hooking up 6 100 watt panels in series does Not turn it into a 24 volt system.

You could connect 6 100 watt panels in series.
Or 3 series 2 parallel.
Where are you mounting these 6 100 watt panels? Flexible or glass

I suggest you look up the specs on your 100 watt panel and stop calling it a 12 volt panel.
None of the specs on 100 watt panels are 12 volts. 12 volt only refers to charging a 12 volt battery and with MPPT controllers that is meaningless.
Hooking up 6 100 watt panels in series does Not turn it into a 24 volt system.

You could connect 6 100 watt panels in series.
Or 3 series 2 parallel.
Where are you mounting these 6 100 watt panels? Flexible or glass
Thank you for your response. The panels I will be getting are to charge the Bluetti AC200 generator when I get it. The specs are as follows.
100w
21.3v open circuit
operating current 5.58a
The Bluetti AC200 can handle 700w @ 145v
So you're saying that I can hook all 6 in series to get 600w 127.8 v and hook it to the AC200?
They are Mono glass panels. Stupid as it sounds, They will be for portable use.

Thank,
Joe Maggio Jr

Thank you for your response. The panels I will be getting are to charge the Bluetti AC200 generator when I get it. The specs are as follows.
100w
21.3v open circuit
operating current 5.58a
The Bluetti AC200 can handle 700w @ 145v
So you're saying that I can hook all 6 in series to get 600w 127.8 v and hook it to the AC200?
They are Mono glass panels. Stupid as it sounds, They will be for portable use.

Thank,
Joe Maggio Jr
Yes. All connected in series leaves room in the specs for more. Should even handle 7 in series. But could damage the unit on cold sunny days. The unit is rated for 150V

Yes. All connected in series leaves room in the specs for more. Should even handle 7 in series. But could damage the unit on cold sunny days. The unit is rated for 150V
IMPOSSIBLE to damage the AC 200.
It just stops charging with an error code.
The intergrated meter has Every kind of protection built in. Hi voltage. Low voltage. Etc etc etc.
You guys do not understand these solar generators that have been tested to safely shut off on over voltage to the SCC.
The problem with over voltage is that you will get no charging until the voltage drops and you may have to reset it first.
The Delta 1300 auto resets but nobody has tested the new AC200.

Last edited:
How can it damage the unit?
It does not damage the AC200.
Over 150 volts open circuit input you will get an error code and it will stop charging.
None of the Youtube reviewers tested the actual limit. It may be 150 or 153 volts or ?
The reviewers Hobotech and the guy who was going to set his AC200 on fire did not have much time to make video reviews.

It does not damage the AC200.
Over 150 volts open circuit input you will get an error code and it will stop charging.
None of the Youtube reviewers tested the actual limit. It may be 150 or 153 volts or ?
The reviewers Hobotech and the guy who was going to set his AC200 on fire did not have much time to make video reviews.
Thank you for your information. Totally a newbie, just trying to do it right and safe. Hurricane season here in New Orleans.

Thank you for your information. Totally a newbie, just trying to do it right and safe. Hurricane season here in New Orleans.
I bought an AC 200 too so I have done a lot of research into it and solar generators in general.
We will be lucky to get them by Oct as these Indiegogo campaigns always take longer than they say. .
6 100 watt panels in series would be easier to connect than 3 Series 2 Parallel but either will work. Just dont let the panels get shaded.
Also consider using 4 larger 170 watt panels.

4 x 200w panels in series/parallel is even better.....or is that too many amp? :unsure:

4 x 200w panels in series/parallel is even better.....or is that too many amp? :unsure:
200 watt panels are large and heavy for portable use.
800 watt is over paneled but would be fine.
You could use 1000 watts panels but you will not get more charging than 12 amps x the battery voltage.
There are people over panelling Bluetti EB 240s with 1000 watts panels.

Joemag -- glad you asked your question. I am a newbie too and was planning a component retrofit to my four wheel camper. Stumbled on the AC 200 and though 1700 w-hr battery capacity is less than I was estimating for my window a/c need, since I am an RV weekender, the AC 200 seems like a good value for my application. Following...

Joemag23, get a good hand truck to schelp all those panels around. ;) Don't know if you've see this vid already or not but.....

Rich Solar panels on Amazon....

Was anyone else surprised in Will's result? I always hear that mono panels are more efficient then poly but in his test the poly panels performed better. I was leaning towards mono for my AC200 but not thinking about the RICH 100w poly panels. Ultimately I want to add the Maxoak portable panels but need to save up cause they are pricey.

Back