diy solar

diy solar

AC200MAX + FLEX100 (14ea.) A good solution?

Rhino67

Guys I'm a total noob, if I'm asking something stupid PLEASE SAY SO!
Okay so if the total input is 1400 watts I can buy 14 of the Flex100 panels, run those in series, connect then and get (theoretically) everything going in that I can, AM I RIGHT?
OKAY, 2nd question, I wanted the Titan for its ability to just keep adding capacity, is the MAX a solid alternative? If not what are the best options for a" portable"?

In order
1.) No, 900 is max solar input, the other 500 is from the AC power cord. You cant even do 9 panels in series as that would exceed the ac200max input, and break the MPPT
2.) The titan is also a very well liked

I can buy 14 of the Flex100 panels
Why are you looking at the Flex100 panels in particular? Is this for a mobile setup where weight and space are an issue?

Have you considered big cheap panels often found on craigslist and the likes for cheap?

In order
1.) No, 900 is max solar input, the other 500 is from the AC power cord. You cant even do 9 panels in series as that would exceed the ac200max input, and break the MPPT
Believe anything over the 900w is passed through the inverter and can be used.

One test I wanted to try is to hook up the AC charged to the inverter and get around 1600w coming in to see if it would work to charge the AC200Max.

It will likely need to move but not necessarily be "highly mobile" was looking at the flex (stupid noob tricks) e you looking at the Flex100 panels in particular? Is this for a mobile setup where weight and space are an issue?

Have you considered big cheap panels often found on craigslist and the likes for cheap?

Why are you looking at the Flex100 panels in particular? Is this for a mobile setup where weight and space are an issue?

It will likely need to move but not necessarily be "highly mobile" was looking at the flex (stupid noob tricks)because I don't know enough to choose and they are shiny and lightweight...again if "because I'm dumb on this" is an answer...I had them in my Amazon cart when my cousin (truly my brother) called to let me know he has 25 tumors in his lungs, lymph system and bones...in shock I somehow I bought them, 7 of them which I'll return when they get here and hope to have better panels bought and on their way between now and then... I would be grateful if someone could just say, bro buy x# of these you will be happy when you start putting the system together.

Guys I'm a total noob, if I'm asking something stupid PLEASE SAY SO!
Okay so if the total input is 1400 watts I can buy 14 of the Flex100 panels, run those in series, connect then and get (theoretically) everything going in that I can, AM I RIGHT?
OKAY, 2nd question, I wanted the Titan for its ability to just keep adding capacity, is the MAX a solid alternative? If not what are the best options for a" portable"?

Since you gave me the option to say you're asking something stupid, I'm going to extrapolate that to allow me to tell you you're being rude and inconsiderate.

Do you REALLY need three whole threads for this issue?

You now have multiple people wasting their time on essentially ONE issue.

Unsubbed.

It will likely need to move but not necessarily be "highly mobile" was looking at the flex (stupid noob tricks) e you looking at the Flex100 panels in particular? Is this for a mobile setup where weight and space are an issue?

In order
Since you gave me the option to say you're asking something stupid, I'm going to extrapolate that to allow me to tell you you're being rude and inconsiderate.

Unsubbed.
Didn't mean to do that, not sure how I did that I appreciate anyone taking time to answer I did ask questions in other areas but had zero response and assumed I was asking the wrong question in the wrong area, I didn't think anyone actually saw them and just now figured out how to delete them. What's rude is assuming I meant to do that maliciously, I didnt

Unsubbed.
Thanks for your time please understand I was just trying to find an answer to the question as quickly as possible wasn't trying to be rude

Unsubbed.
So I looked at those and don't see anyone provided multiple answers to my questions and only received a complaint from you... Not sure why you wasted your time to point out my error assuming it was purposeful... That's pretty rude sir.

Unsubbed.
So I looked at those and don't see anyone provided multiple answers to my questions and only received a complaint from you... Not sure why you wasted your time to point out my error assuming it was purposeful... That's pretty rude sir

Unsubbed.

Believe anything over the 900w is passed through the inverter and can be used.

One test I wanted to try is to hook up the AC charged to the inverter and get around 1600w coming in to see if it would work to charge the AC200Max.
I tried to buy the Titan and it would be months before it would be available I'm concerned for the supply chain choking sooner than I could get it

Unsubbed.
If it helps I was trying to deal with the fact that about 2/3 of the way through this effort (late that evening I got a call from the fellow in this world who is a brother to me called to tell me ihe is full of Cancer and has a couple of months to live, I was completely wrecked and not thinking super clear... Sorry if I offended you. You should better assume someone might be dealing with something you don't know anything about at that moment and don't mean anything malicious...fair enough?

Back