diy solar

diy solar

AC200Max Screen problem

txntyler

Hi guys! I'm new to the forum. I have a Bluetti AC200Max which has been working fine for several months. Now all of the sudden the screen is not working. This is exactly what happened to @Will Prowse in his review. I turned my unit on this morning to use it and noticed the screen is just blank. The bluetooth app still works and connects to the unit and I'm able to control the DC and AC through the app as normal. Also my unit shows to be at about a 66% state of charge (so it's not dead or anything).

Has anyone else run into this issue? Did Will ever hear back from Bluetti regarding this problem?

Hopefully mine just starts working again 4 hours later like Will's did.

Took like a day for my unit to start working again. Still working fine, screen issue happened once. I would keep trying to turn it on and off again, and disconnect re connect solar. Nothing helped mine besides waiting a day. Very strange issue.

Took like a day for my unit to start working again. Still working fine, screen issue happened once. I would keep trying to turn it on and off again, and disconnect re connect solar. Nothing helped mine besides waiting a day. Very strange issue.
So far nothing has worked. Still just getting a blank screen. I've tried emailing Bluetti multiple times but haven't received any response. I'm contemplating just opening it up and trying to unplug the screen connector and then plugging it back in to see if that works.

So far nothing has worked. Still just getting a blank screen. I've tried emailing Bluetti multiple times but haven't received any response. I'm contemplating just opening it up and trying to unplug the screen connector and then plugging it back in to see if that works.
I have the exact same issue. Been several days now. I’ve tried everything I can think of and blank screen continues. Unfortunately I had the BT shut off so I cannot even use the app. Very disappointed!

I have the exact same issue. Been several days now. I’ve tried everything I can think of and blank screen continues. Unfortunately I had the BT shut off so I cannot even use the app. Very disappointed!
Quick update. Bluetti contact me and ask for a video and pics of my unit with issues. They determine to send me a return label. I ask for a refund. Will be looking into a different unit.

Update. Bluetti contacted me finally. They asked me for a video and also for the serial number of the unit. I've sent them the information as of a day ago but haven't heard back. We'll see what happens. The blank screen issue is still happening. I've tried everything I can think of as well and still no change. I'm guessing there's a faulty piece of hardware... seems like it would be more widespread if it was software?
@Will Prowse I know you emailed them on my behalf... thank you again... did you hear anything from Bluetti about this being a widespread issue? The reason I ask is because I'm trying to determine if I'm going to accept a repair of this unit (or exchange for another) or if I should demand refund and buy a different model. The only issue is I also have purchased (and have in my possession) the external B230 battery so that kind of limits me.

Gosh that sucks. I don't see why they cannot get a software update to fix this. Just doesn't make sense why these issues keep occurring.

Update: I called into Bluetti today because I've still not received any response after their initial email on December 14th. I talked with a man on the phone who says they have now "escalated" my case and that I should be hearing from a "sales manager" within 3 business days from now. We'll see how it goes.

Update: Bluetti contacted me and had me send my unit in for an exchange. The new unit was supposed to ship out to me two days ago but so far it hasn't shipped. Hopefully the new unit's screen won't crap out on my in a month's time like the other one did. I'll update again once it arrives and I can check it over. (Hopefully this will help someone understand what to expect if they are going through the same issue)

This was my concern... if something bad happenes like a cyber attack or anything and your screen goes down along with wifi you now have a 60lb paper weight. I'll go with ecoflow delta max with manual button instead of a touchscreen

This was my concern... if something bad happenes like a cyber attack or anything and your screen goes down along with wifi you now have a 60lb paper weight. I'll go with ecoflow delta max with manual button instead of a touchscreen
Yeah, definitely a concern in the back of my mind.

Researching the AC200MAX and the Echoflow Delta Max. Haven't decided yet, pro and con for both. The Echoflow Delta Max not using LIFEPO4, a con, less weight a pro, it seems there unit is overspec (which is a pro). I should join their forum and see what issues showing up.

I be interested in knowing the issue with the display. I believe the display on AC200MAX is a bit better than then AC200P. Hopefully they didn't just crank up the brightness or the changes increased heat to the display.

I placed the order today for my ac200max, hopefully it will arrive without the hot neutral, the first i check.

Hi,

I have the same problem now with a "Kirron" (= German version) of a Bluetti 200P... The screen remains blank. It happened when the bluetti was connected to the solar system yesterday and the weather was very bad all day long. I wasn't at home to turn it off or disconnect the solar panels. So it probably all went to "0 %". But then there should be a safety that turns everything off. Well yes, that's what happened somehow, because when I came home yesterday evening, the system was shutt down. But I pushed the power button to see what was left and it showed nothing at all - blank screen. The day after the system didn't start up again with the solar power, nor with the ac charcher. The screen is just blank while the power is "on" - and after a while it shuts off automatically. To my opinion, the bad weather condition has caused the problem - with an invertor asking for more power than the solar panels could have delivered and at the same time the battery running out of power and discharging more than excepted. (???) There's no way to charge it again, it seems. This is my second Bluetti by the way, in just a few months. The first was already showing problems after 1 day, not being able to charge, but with the screen on - so it just went to "100 %" all the time even if it was only charged at 20 % for instance. This second Bluetti did it a bit better and has been functioning well for +/- one month. I bought my Bluetti at a local store in Belgium - so, I can return it to him luckily and he's doing the aftersales with "kirron". I'm messaging this, because I really think both bluetti systems need a serious software-update to avoid these problems. If the invertor asks more power than what the solar panels can deliver with bad weather, then the system should be enough smart to shut off the loading process....

Back