diy solar

diy solar

AC200P + sunpower panel compatibility

joel1849

Hey guys,

I've been watching heaps of Will's videos for the past week and am starting to get a grasp on all this solar and P=IV stuff. I've just purchased the Bluetti AC200P, and want to get a single solar panel to keep things as simple as possible. I've checked voltages, amps, and cables to the best of my ability, and think it should be fine, but would really appreciate someone with more experience double checking for me before I buy this pricey panel.

Bluetti AC200P solar inputs are detailed on page 12 of this:

Sunpower maxeon 400:

Thanks so much :)

The maximum input power of the bluetti is 700W, so wouldn't 3 of those panels damage it?

I believe as long as you are under the voltage and amp limits, any wattage that is over the 700w is either passed through the AC200P or just isn't used. So, for the AC200P at 150v at 12amps, it should be able to handle a total of 1800w.

I would love Will to do some videos on over paneling the solar generators and see how much they can actually handle at maximum.

I emailed Bluetti, but not too sure what to make of their answer...

me:
Theoretically, what would happen if the solar input was 80V and 10A?

Would this 800W damage the AC200P? Or would the current or voltage be down-regulated so that only 700W is going into the battery? (given then maximum input power is 700W...)

them:
Because AC200P has built-in power protection components, it will not damage AC200P, but AC200P can only accept the maximum input range of charging power,It will not exceed 700W, but due to the loss of power transmission, even if you use 800W solar panels, the charging power may not reach 800W.

These threads might be helpful.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/overpanel-a-ecoflow-delta-pro.27394/#post-327144

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/solar-panels-in-parallel-or-in-series-for-bluetti-ac200p.17085/

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/overpaneling-generic-questions.23142/

Bluetti AC2000P - blurb from a review by Ben Gillmore. Even though the input limit from solar is 700 watts, this unit can apparently be "over-paneled" without the unit shutting down:​
The AC200 MPPT charge controller has a solar input rating of 35-150v and 12a. It is rated to let up to 700w of solar go through it. The beauty of having such a large charge parameter is that it is capable of “over-paneling.” That means that I can install more than 700w of solar panels on the system to ensure I am getting the full 700w charge and that I can lengthen how many peak solar hours I get each day.​
He can double the panel wattage to 1,400 watts, and get the full 700 watts into the generator for several more hours per day.​

Last edited:
I've just finished reading all those threads and re-read your posts, and now it all makes sense. Thanks so much for your help! I'll definitely be over paneling :)

The SCC will pull the power from panels up to the limit of the charger can put out to charge the batteries.
I.E. your US AC outlet can supply power up to 1800W, so if you plug in 100W lamp, it will only be pulling 100W from the outlet.

Back