diy solar

diy solar

Actual dimensions of EVE 280ah cells?

Indolent58

I am fabricating a steel case for 8x 280ah Eve cells and for scheduling reasons I need to make the case before my cells arrive from Basen. EVE docs say the cells are 173mm L x 72mm W x 204mm H. For any of you who have them in hand are those measurements more or less accurate? They will be under compression, but I want the case to fit tightly on the sides (w/plastic sheet electrical insulation) to minimize movement as these are going in an RV. Thanks.

Size on them seems very consistent but never measured them all.

I will tell you that you will likely need 2 different buss bar lengths and many places just send you the one length, very frustrating. This is because the terminal is not centered from the end and the sides. The terminal is 36mm from each side but not 36mm from the ends.....Good luck.

I'm wondering the same thing but decided to wait until I have them in hand. I plan to check my work at each step so I don't make the same mistake a lot of times. I would have never thought of the terminals not lining up. It would be nice to figure out a distance that would work for all by making the holes a little oversize.

Mine are going in one 1x8 stack with room at the end for a compression plate, battery switch and terminals so the 173mm dimension is most critical. I guess I'll just make a few mm bigger and add a few more sheets of insulation if necessary.

This is what I got from Xuba who sells Eve cells.
Hopefully this helps. :)

Battery I want.jpg

And anyone not buying things for the first time will most likely know enough to not buy junk and research future purchases after being burned. Junk can have lousy spec sheets.

In case anyone is interested, I created a 3D Sketchup model of the EVE-280Ah cell using the dimensions from EVE product specifications. The drawings in the specification have a bit more detail than those on the Alibaba listings.

Attachments

• EVE-280Ah 3D.zip
    118.9 KB · Views: 71
In case anyone is interested, I created a 3D Sketchup model of the EVE-280Ah cell using the dimensions from EVE product specifications. The drawings in the specification have a bit more detail than those on the Alibaba listings.
I don't know how to open that type of file? There are drawings shown in the EVE spec sheets but not in 3D.

Back