diy solar

diy solar

Add a topic under Solar Systems dedicated to autonomous solar powered devices?

rin67630

Solar Enthusiast
Hi,

the DIY Solar Power forum is currently the best and most active forum board available.

I know, i am a bit exotic here with my comparatively low-power solar instrumentation/data logger systems.
That leads to frequent misunderstandings with other members having another point of view due to their very different home-usage of solar power.

Would it be possible to add a topic under Solar Systems dedicated to remote solar powered devices/instruments?
e.g:
-remote cameras,
-field instruments and data loggers,
-radio relays and repeaters,
-LoRa gateways,

Thank you.
Laszlo

It would be up to Will of course and there are already so many topics it's more usual to try and brainstorm ways to simplify. If you could come up with a way to combine this with a couple of under-used subforums into one that encompassed them all it would probably be a shoe-in ?

Yes, I know that the board has already a lot of topics, but off-grid mini power solutions are really completely different, and I can't see where they can fit else...
Could it be a solution to ask in the general discussion how many people could be interested?
Thank you.
Laszlo

Yes, I know that the board has already a lot of topics, but off-grid mini power solutions are really completely different, and I can't see where they can fit else...
Could it be a solution to ask in the general discussion how many people could be interested?
Thank you.
Laszlo
I think I just made a similar suggestion! I hadn’t read your topic beforehand, sorry! My idea was to keep it more general than just autonomous electronics, more like general or DIY electronics. Let’s hope there could be a sub section for DIY electronics fiddlers added (y)

Last edited:
Back