diy solar

diy solar

Add batteries to the existing solar system for off grid solution

nfribeiro

Hi,
I currently have a Huawei hybrid inverter with 2.5 kW of solar panels (I'm from portugal).
I want to:
  1. Add more 4 KW of panels
  2. Add batteries to the system, since is very important to me that when energy from the network is down I still have 2 pumps working, using the battery.
Installers presented to me 2 alternatives:
  1. Add Huawei batteries 10Kw and install the Huawei backup box that offers offline functionality;
  2. Add Victron inverter with 14kw batterie made by the installer (cell from china)
The cost is similar, being a Victron solution less expensive.
Can you advise on the solution that I should choose?

go with the Victron inverter and then find a lithium battery that's got closed-loop integration with Victron gear over their VE-bus. There's zero point in spending the money on Li batteries if you're not unlocking the potential of those batteries.

Also, and I know I'm going to get shit for this in the forum, DIY Li batteries are dangerous as hell. I've seen and done a lot of regulatory testing on Li batteries and it's a huge liability to install any Li that doesn't have regulatory certifications.

Don't buy the backup box, buy a hybrid inverter like the Deye, we have a local distributor and he provide a good after sales service a 5KW will cost you about 1800€ and you will have power when grid goes down.

My Deye works so well that I'm only using one phase of 15A (3,45KW) and use the inverter to provide 5KW during night using the batteries and during day with solar I have 6.5KW

Back