diy solar

diy solar

Adding 8 more cellls to an existing 24V bank

martan

Hello All,
I currently have 24V battery bank , it is 8 EVE 280Ah cells, I have about 30 cycles into it, not much. I decided to double it and make it a 24V 560Ah bank. But I'm looking at Lishen 280Ah cells, mainly because of price. I'm hoping they are close enough in parameters so it won't matter much or cause any issues down the road. Any opinions?
Thank you and have a great day!

I thought the Lishen cells were 272Ah. Either way, it doesn't matter all that much. The new cells are close enough.

I would top balance the new cells for sure. Even though the existing cells are so new, a top balance of them, to get them at the same level as the new cells, would be good.

You're right. I changed my mind and I ordered the same EVE cells I have. It wasn't that much more $$.

So are you going to parallel the cells or are you going to parallel 8s strings?

So are you going to parallel the cells or are you going to parallel 8s strings?
I will create a new battery and connect them in parallel, I like the option of having one working while one is in maintenance, or can be used somewhere else etc etc...

That's what I would do, if they were available. They were in short supply a while back.
It ended up they are not available and they offered me a different brand, same size and same capacity, so I took it. Rept brand or something like that. Looks like Eve cells are not that easy to find, or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

It ended up they are not available and they offered me a different brand, same size and same capacity, so I took it. Rept brand or something like that. Looks like Eve cells are not that easy to find, or maybe I haven't looked hard enough.
How are the Rept brand holding up?.
Do you have a picture of the cells?

Back