diy solar

diy solar

Adding a Bridge rectifier to Solar panels in series?

Stal

Hi Everyone. New to this site (discovered it yesterday).
I am in Catalonia, NE corner of Spain.

I have 4x 450w panels, in series, so about 160v (passive)-192v (in direct sunlight).
Unfortunately at night I end up using Utility energy as the batteries cannot provide for the entire dusk to dawn.

My question, I picked up a 48v 500w Wind turbine (as an experiment with Wind), and have a cheap 1000v bridge rectifier.
Could I just add this bridge rectifier into my current solar panel series?
( - -#-#-#-#-BR- + ) = ( - -48v-48v-48v-48v-48v- + )

It is only AC to DC right for the aero generator? It will only act as just a diode even if no tri-phase AC is attached?
(Trying to keep my Amps low due to 20AWG supplying cable).

I'm not going crazy to think this would work, and supply a little overnight charge to my hybrid invertor?

Let me know, if you know ;-)

Cheers in advance.

Generally, there is a need to prevent mills from overspeed and the battery serves the majority of this purpose by providing a load. Additional load like a resistor is used in high wind conditions. You absolutely can't put the mill in series and it needs its own control going to the battery. This sounds like a small mill that probably won't produce 140W at best unless at a seriously windy location on the coast.

Just trying to maintain a trickle charge overnight, so power not the issue.

You can place turbines (mills) in series, and the bridge rectifier supports up to 1000v,
...so, why can this not be placed in series?
The hybrid inverter deals with all incoming voltage and power, and distributes accordingly.
And these converters handle incoming excess power from the solar panels.

If the turbine generates no power (not spinning) then the voltage will just pass through the Bridge rectifier?
If spinning then it just adds to the voltage, and any additional amps.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks ;-)

Back