diy solar

diy solar

Adjusting CT output for Megarevo R8KLNA

So I somehow managed to get my Megarevo in to peak shaving mode and it's been operating as expected! I'm only a tad surprised. I know I need a bigger battery, when it tried to pull more than 4kw from the battery my cell voltages drop too low and bms cuts out. Would be nice if there was a discharge limit but doesn't appear there is.

My CT's are measuring so that I'm pulling 100-500w from the grid. I actually don't mind feeding a little to the grid if needed but would rather not sit at 500w coming in. It's possible the reason is I've got 4 ct's connected. I have an an electrical panel for solar and one for the house. Each have a home run back to the meter. So I have a CT at the Solar Electrical Panel and at the Load electrical panel in parallel with each other so they cancel each other out. But they probably aren't playing 100% nice with each other. It would be cool if I could introduce an attenuator maybe or a booster to manually adjust them. I could tune them to show the same as my sense energy monitor sees and then verify that against my utility portal. It seems to stray further as I'm using more power. Which might mean that Megarevo thinks it's putting more power to the grid than it is. aka the solar ct reading high.

I know there are a lot of very technical people here, curious if my idea is crazy or plausible. Or perhaps I should start buy purchasing four of the same brand/model of CT! Hmm that would probably be the simplest solution. I'm going to hit submit on this post anyway in case the bigger brain trust has a better idea.

Edit: The first image is when I'm using about 4600w and solar/battery is providing about 500w less than that. You can see in the other screenshot the difference is smaller. These screenshots are from my Sense energy monitor which has ct's at the same places as the Megarevo. Running out of space for CT's...

Attachments

• 4608w.png
    4608w.png
    19 KB · Views: 14
  • 2200w.png
    2200w.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 14
I don't currently have CTs hooked up (I'm running off grid), but have you tried adjusting the Grid Power or PV power settings?

What does the "Grid Power = 100" setting affect?

I don't currently have CTs hooked up (I'm running off grid), but have you tried adjusting the Grid Power or PV power settings?

What does the "Grid Power = 100" setting affect?
I tried setting it to 50% with no discernible change. Not sure what that’s supposed to adjust. Appreciate the suggestion!

Take with grain of salt, and each one of our setups are different. But I have my Grid Power set at 80%. What I think I see is that the inverter will used 20% of the grid to power the loads. I don't see any change until I get a high load. For example it the loads are 6000 watts or more I start to see the grid supplying part of the load. Say I had full load of 8k. At 80% I should see 1600 watts coming in from grid. I just looked and the water heat with all other loads was 5.9kw. I see no difference in the power coming in from grid. So I may be wrong here even though when It climbs above 6kw I have seen the inverter and grid share the loads?

Here is an example I was trying to explain. Dish washer running and the Water heater turned on. I assume this why I only see L1 rise. Both are on the main panel and grid connection on inverter. Ok here is two examples.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 18-20-36 IotaWatt Graph.png

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 13-26-54 IotaWatt Graph.png

Does anyone know why grid current is always so high. Because of this the daily energy purchased value increases when nothing is being consumed from grid. The correct values are the consumption currents. I measured with a clamp meter.
The CTs are facing towards grid and anti reverse is enabled.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227_075147_SOLARMAN Business.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_075147_SOLARMAN Business.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 15
Does anyone know why grid current is always so high. Because of this the daily energy purchased value increases when nothing is being consumed from grid. The correct values are the consumption currents. I measured with a clamp meter.
That is high. I am showing 2.3 amps and charging so I have enough PV to supply all my needs right now. Not sure where to direct you to make any adjustments.

I thought the CTs were supposed to point down towards your breaker panel/inverter ?

I thought the CTs were supposed to point down towards your breaker panel/inverter ?
I’m fairly certain I had to install my CT’s backwards for things to work right. Graph looks weird because of it but peak shift mode with anti reverse mode enabled zeroes out my meter now.

I’m fairly certain I had to install my CT’s backwards for things to work right. Graph looks weird because of it but peak shift mode with anti reverse mode enabled zeroes out my meter now.
I installed them backwards and it's still 0 watt!! What the heck

Back